VPN problem - error 629?

Post by mitc » Fri, 08 Jun 2001 20:01:49

Hi I've got a client who cannot get his VPN connection to our server to
work, it works for myslef and several other users.
It was working until recently, he uses win95 and receives an error 629, can
anyone give me a clue where to start?
His IP, username and password are all set correctly, he just gets d/c'd.
Thanks
-Mitch

VPN problem - error 629?

Post by David » Sat, 09 Jun 2001 04:44:00

Mitch,

Have you applied the DUN 1.3 update?

http://download.microsoft.com/download/win95upg/update/1.30/w95/EN-US...

> Hi I've got a client who cannot get his VPN connection to our server to
> work, it works for myslef and several other users.
> It was working until recently, he uses win95 and receives an error 629, can
> anyone give me a clue where to start?
> His IP, username and password are all set correctly, he just gets d/c'd.
> Thanks
> -Mitch

VPN problem - error 629?

Post by mitc » Sat, 09 Jun 2001 10:08:37

I haven't I will try that now, thanks alot!
-Mitch

Quote:> Mitch,

> Have you applied the DUN 1.3 update?

http://download.microsoft.com/download/win95upg/update/1.30/w95/EN-US...
3.exe

Quote:> > Hi I've got a client who cannot get his VPN connection to our server to
> > work, it works for myslef and several other users.
> > It was working until recently, he uses win95 and receives an error 629,
can
> > anyone give me a clue where to start?
> > His IP, username and password are all set correctly, he just gets d/c'd.
> > Thanks
> > -Mitch

VPN problem - error 629?

Post by Ken C » Mon, 11 Jun 2001 05:05:53

Is your server requiring 128bit Encryption? You'll need to apply DUN 1.4 to
get it on Win95.
It adds the pppmac.vxd (among other things) needed for 128bit encryption.
--
Ken C.
MCNE MCSE CCNA

VPN problem - error 629?

Post by Ken C » Mon, 11 Jun 2001 05:21:05

Get DUN 1.4 For Win95 at:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/win95/update/17648/w95/en-us/d...
.exe
to add support 128bit encryption.
--
Ken C.
MCNE MCSE CCNA

VPN problem - error 629?

Post by Ken C » Mon, 18 Jun 2001 05:01:33

Apply the DUN 1.4 instead, gives you 128bit encryption.
--
Ken C.
MCNE MCSE CCNA

1. Error 629 when connecting with VPN?

Can anyone guide some light on the following as I'm new to this. Having
being able to connect
to my Server at work by dialling straight to it, I now
want to access it via an ISP and the Internet using a VPN connection. (Win
95/98 clients to NT server 4)
I have read and followed destructions at www.wown.com  for setting up but
after I have dialled an ISP and then the VPN dial up, I receive the
following error.

"Error 629: You have been disconnected from the Computer you dialled. Double
click the connection to try again"

Have checked settings and maybe I'm blind or is there something else I
should know or need??

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Richard.

2. MacTech Poetry

3. Error 629 on VPN

4. Help! I can't put this together.

5. BA problems: Error 629, etc.

6. Maxctl parameter of chglinsdlc

7. 629 Error dialin ISDN cisco 801

8. agregar licencias - urgente

9. error 629 helppp

10. Ugh USR OEM 2977 modem - error 629 ?

11. Error 629 connecting to ISP - Help:(

12. port already open/error 629 and 630 messages

13. Error 629