VPN and NetWare Client

Post by deluca » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Has anyone had success with connecting from a VPN, through DSL or cable
modem, to a NetWare NDS server ?

I am using an Altiga client and have tried various Win95 and NT NW
clients.  I am using a Linksys Ether 16 LAN card.  We are running
NetWare 4.2 and using NetWare IP.

VPN and NetWare Client

Post by Jaso » Mon, 19 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Yes, I have had success connecting to a Netware server with VPN. NW
server is NW5 Small Business Suite, VPN daemon runs on a Linux box. VPN
client side is with MS VPN adapter on remote PC. First I hit and
authenticate to the Linux box, then authenticate to the NW server.
Since VPN was an additional product for an additional fee on NW5SBS, we
are running VPN on the Linux PC, which will port-forward to the NW
server.

I have no experience with Netware prior to 4.11. We did not set up VPN
until after we did the upgrade to NW5. The VPN connection works fine.

I strongly suggest you look at the Forums that Novell hosts. There will
be some specific forums for BorderManager/VPN. go to
http://support.novell.com and you can then make your way to the forums.

Jason

* Sent from Novell Discussion Forums http://novell.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *