Netgear FR318 VPN Client

Post by KL Wo » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 21:45:41

Do anybody know what is the 'VPN CLIENT' meant in the FR318 VPN
configuration screen ??

Is it possible to configure a SITE to SITE VPN between Netgear FR318
and non Netgear firewall ? Using the 'VPN CLIENT' option ??

Any help most appreciated.

B.Rgds/KL

1. NETGEAR DG834 ADSL and CISCO VPN Client

This is a very new NETGEAR ADSL router. It looks like a
really good router, it's got VPN pass thru, and everything.

I've just installed this ADSL router (connected with Demon)
and it works great for normal internet access.

However, when I try to do a CISCO Client VPN connect (which
works over a simple modem connection) I can connect and
negotiate, but then the internet connection dies (all
access).

The CISCO VPN client is v4.0. I tried this on windows
it didn't even negotiate. On Linux it did negotiate
and connect successfully. But then no internet access.

Cisco VPN client:-

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root      3696640 Nov 27 18:46 vpnclient-linux-4.0.Rel-k9.tar

Netgear allowed inbound ports:-

Any(ALL)(TCP/UDP:1,65535)
ALLOW always
Send to: 192.168.0.2 (Linux Server)

Yes everything. No other special rules, NO DMZ, etc.

I have to actually reboot my linux 2.4.21 v7.2 Redhat
machine to be able to connect back to the internet
(not very good, this is a windows type requirement).

Has anyone else had better luck with this ?

Please CC: me on any replies, I can receive them very
fast.

Alan

2. qktmqps

3. VPN client and Netgear RT311 or RT314

4. Another IPMD problem?

5. UML representations in SGML etc.?

6. Netgear MR314 and Watchguard VPN client

7. Ribbon Cable - which line?

8. Intel 'NetStructure' client throught Netgear router to Intel (Shiva) VPN box

9. SecuRemote Client to Netgear FVS318 VPN

10. netgear fvs318 VPN clients

11. VPN netgear RT311 RT314 client Windows solution

12. PIX 501 VPN client to VPN client connections