Linksys' new VPN Router

Post by Bria » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:18:38

Has anyone gotten the Linksys BEFVP41 to connect to anything? I am
trying to open a connection with the Windows XP client but get a
message that security negotiations have failed. Anyone want to help?
Linksys tech support hardly knows what this product does much less how
to make it work.

Brian

Linksys' new VPN Router

Post by Dr. B » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 01:12:21

Quote:>Has anyone gotten the Linksys BEFVP41 to connect to anything? I am
>trying to open a connection with the Windows XP client but get a
>message that security negotiations have failed. Anyone want to help?
>Linksys tech support hardly knows what this product does much less how
>to make it work.

I wish I had one to help you with, but after many years of buying
Serial #1, I have decided to let young turks like you suffer first.
:-)

But it is on my wish list, along with that new ZyWall 1. However I
notice that the BEFVP41 has 70 connections, which is great for a busy
server.

Let us know how you make out.

Dr. Bob

"The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust
no man with enough power to endanger the public liberty."
- John Adams

Linksys' new VPN Router

Post by Mike Kentl » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 05:35:01

> Has anyone gotten the Linksys BEFVP41 to connect to anything? I am
> trying to open a connection with the Windows XP client but get a
> message that security negotiations have failed. Anyone want to help?
> Linksys tech support hardly knows what this product does much less how
> to make it work.

> Brian

I am trying to get this to talk to something too. I am using a Win2K
Pro box to try and connect to my office network, which sits behind the
BEFVP41. I have tried setting up Win2K's IPSec client, with no luck,
and I have attempted to get SSH Sentinel to work with it, also no
luck.

I've also tried setting up Win2K to accept incoming connections, and
try to use the BEFVP41 as the client, again with no luck.

I have email in to tech support. Maybe if they get the same question
over and over, one of the engineers will get called in to deal with it
and explain how to use the darned thing.

That's what I get for buying serial #1 :-)