VPN Connection Problem

Post by Grayson Hilt » Thu, 28 Jun 2001 23:10:47

I am trying to get a VPN to work.  I am using a Windows 98 computer to
connect to a Netopia R 7200 router then to a NT 4 server.  I have read
the Tech notes on the Netopia web site and have followed them.

When I try to connect to the VPN through dial-up networking it shows
me the Verifying user name and password dialog but does not go any
further.  I can then telnet to the router on look at the WAN Event
history log and it shows the following information.

06/27/01 08:45:49   PPP: CCP negotiated, session 6, type: MPPE
06/27/01 08:45:46   PPP: MSCHAP-v2 we accepted remote, Channel 6
06/27/01 08:45:46   PPP: NCP up, session 6, Channel 6
06/27/01 08:45:43   PPP: Channel 6 up, Answer
06/27/01 08:45:43   PPTP: IP up, rem: 64.248.249.134, via:
64.248.249.129

This looks like I am logged on to the router.  When I look at the
security log on the NT server there is no logon attempt by the remote
user or the router.  I think the problem is that the router is not
sending the information to the Server.  I do have a profile set up for
the server on the router, which I believe is what is supposed to
handle the logon procedure and information exchange with the server.
I am at loss on what is the next step to take.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Grayson Hilton

1. VPN connection problems using Wireless-G Router w/ SpeedBooster (WRT54GS)

Hi all,

I've recently switched over to a Linksys wireless router (WRT54GS) and I've
also updated the firmware to the latest revision from the Linksys website.
When I try to connect to my company's VPN using the Cisco client, I am
able to successfully get a connection, but then I can't bring up any
network resources.  I can't terminal in to a remote machine or run any
applications that use network data.  When I connect my cable modem directly
to the internet without the router, the VPN works fine.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Research position at the Object Systems Group

3. VPN Connexion problem with PIX 501

4. Error opening sp.dll file

5. PIX site-to-site VPN Connection Problem

6. equation solver??

7. VPN connection problems

8. Money 98 Transaction Reports?

9. VPN Connection Problem

10. Symantec 200R VPN Connection Problems.

11. VPN connection problem

12. VPN Connection Problem

13. VPN connection Problems