EZCD doesn't recognize my MP3 files as audio files !

EZCD doesn't recognize my MP3 files as audio files !

Post by Brian Christof » Mon, 19 Feb 2001 13:14:57

I just started using EZCD4.0. I have downloaded the MP3's I'd like to
burn. When I run EZCC Audio CD Creator, it doesn't see any audio files.
It says "There are no audio files in this folder". When, in fact, there
are about 20 .mp3 files. They are associated with Sonique (an audio
player). I'm a newbie at this...can anyone help?

Brian

EZCD doesn't recognize my MP3 files as audio files !

Post by Jeffrey Cook » Mon, 19 Feb 2001 13:19:26

You need to convert them to wav files first.

Jeff

Quote:> I just started using EZCD4.0. I have downloaded the MP3's I'd like to
> burn. When I run EZCC Audio CD Creator, it doesn't see any audio files.
> It says "There are no audio files in this folder". When, in fact, there
> are about 20 .mp3 files. They are associated with Sonique (an audio
> player). I'm a newbie at this...can anyone help?

> Brian

EZCD doesn't recognize my MP3 files as audio files !

Post by Brian Christof » Mon, 19 Feb 2001 13:36:38

According to the on-line help and magazine artilces on EZCD, the conversion
occurs automatically.  Why do I need to convert them manually first??  I can
do this with Winamp if needed.  But, if there is a way to configure EZCD to
do it, why not?

Thanks,
Brian

> You need to convert them to wav files first.

> Jeff

> > I just started using EZCD4.0. I have downloaded the MP3's I'd like to
> > burn. When I run EZCC Audio CD Creator, it doesn't see any audio files.
> > It says "There are no audio files in this folder". When, in fact, there
> > are about 20 .mp3 files. They are associated with Sonique (an audio
> > player). I'm a newbie at this...can anyone help?

> > Brian

EZCD doesn't recognize my MP3 files as audio files !

Post by Brian Christof » Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:39:43

I figured out the problem.  It was a VIEW problem.  "VIEW Files" was only set to
show files with a CDDA or WAV extension.  When I chose to show ALL files, my
MP3's appeared.  Thus, what I've read regarding EZCD converting the files on the
fly must still be true.  We'll see in a few minutes.

Thanks - b

> According to the on-line help and magazine artilces on EZCD, the conversion
> occurs automatically.  Why do I need to convert them manually first??  I can
> do this with Winamp if needed.  But, if there is a way to configure EZCD to
> do it, why not?

> Thanks,
> Brian

> > You need to convert them to wav files first.

> > Jeff

> > > I just started using EZCD4.0. I have downloaded the MP3's I'd like to
> > > burn. When I run EZCC Audio CD Creator, it doesn't see any audio files.
> > > It says "There are no audio files in this folder". When, in fact, there
> > > are about 20 .mp3 files. They are associated with Sonique (an audio
> > > player). I'm a newbie at this...can anyone help?

> > > Brian

EZCD doesn't recognize my MP3 files as audio files !

Post by Brian Christof » Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:12:35

Problem still exists.  Once I told EZCD to Show ALL files, it does show them as .mp3
files.  But, EZCD doesn't think they are .mp3 files sonce they are associated with
an audio player (i.e. Realplayer, Winamp, Sonique, etc.). I'm using Sonique to play
my .mp3 files.

How can I configure my files types and/or EZCD to recognize my MP3 files as actual
.mp3 audio files so I can burn them??

Please help.

-b

> I figured out the problem.  It was a VIEW problem.  "VIEW Files" was only set to
> show files with a CDDA or WAV extension.  When I chose to show ALL files, my
> MP3's appeared.  Thus, what I've read regarding EZCD converting the files on the
> fly must still be true.  We'll see in a few minutes.

> Thanks - b

> > According to the on-line help and magazine artilces on EZCD, the conversion
> > occurs automatically.  Why do I need to convert them manually first??  I can
> > do this with Winamp if needed.  But, if there is a way to configure EZCD to
> > do it, why not?

> > Thanks,
> > Brian

> > > You need to convert them to wav files first.

> > > Jeff

EZCD doesn't recognize my MP3 files as audio files !

Post by Jeffrey Cook » Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:12:54

Depends which version you have. Ver 3.x doesn't do it.

Jeff

> According to the on-line help and magazine artilces on EZCD, the
conversion
> occurs automatically.  Why do I need to convert them manually first??  I
can
> do this with Winamp if needed.  But, if there is a way to configure EZCD
> do it, why not?

> Thanks,
> Brian

> > You need to convert them to wav files first.

> > Jeff

> > > I just started using EZCD4.0. I have downloaded the MP3's I'd like to
> > > burn. When I run EZCC Audio CD Creator, it doesn't see any audio
files.
> > > It says "There are no audio files in this folder". When, in fact,
there
> > > are about 20 .mp3 files. They are associated with Sonique (an audio
> > > player). I'm a newbie at this...can anyone help?

> > > Brian

EZCD doesn't recognize my MP3 files as audio files !

Post by Jeffrey Cook » Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:16:36

Are you trying to make an cda disk or a data disk containing mp3's?

Jeff

> Problem still exists.  Once I told EZCD to Show ALL files, it does show
them as .mp3
> files.  But, EZCD doesn't think they are .mp3 files sonce they are
associated with
> an audio player (i.e. Realplayer, Winamp, Sonique, etc.). I'm using
Sonique to play
> my .mp3 files.

> How can I configure my files types and/or EZCD to recognize my MP3 files
as actual
> .mp3 audio files so I can burn them??

> Please help.

> -b

> > I figured out the problem.  It was a VIEW problem.  "VIEW Files" was
only set to
> > show files with a CDDA or WAV extension.  When I chose to show ALL
files, my
> > MP3's appeared.  Thus, what I've read regarding EZCD converting the
files on the
> > fly must still be true.  We'll see in a few minutes.

> > Thanks - b

> > > According to the on-line help and magazine artilces on EZCD, the
conversion
> > > occurs automatically.  Why do I need to convert them manually first??
I can
> > > do this with Winamp if needed.  But, if there is a way to configure
EZCD to
> > > do it, why not?

> > > Thanks,
> > > Brian

EZCD doesn't recognize my MP3 files as audio files !

Post by Jeffrey Cook » Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:32:49

The following article from the www.roxio.com knowledgebase may help.

Jeff

Why doesn't Easy CD Creator detect my MP3s as valid audio files ? (Article
Number000822-0001)

Easy CD Creator fails to recognize my MP3 files as being valid audio files.

When opening an Audio CD Layout in Easy CD Creator and browsing to a
directly that contains MP3 files, the program reports: "There are no audio
files in this folder."

Also, if you try to drag an MP3 file into an Audio Layout, a warning message
may be displayed indicating : "The MyFile.MP3 has an unrecognized file
extension. Valid extensions are .WAV and .MP3. Please select a files with a
.WAV or .MP3 file extension."

This information applies to the following product(s):

- Easy CD Creator Deluxe 4.x Suite

This information applies to the following Operating System(s):

-Windows 95
-Windows 98
-Windows NT 4
-Windows 2000

Solution:

In Windows 95/98/NT 4, go to Start->Control Panel ->Multimedia->Devices and
expand the Audio Compression Codecs.

In Windows 2000, go to Start->Control Panel ->Sound & Multimedia->Hardware,
double-click on the Audio Codecs entry and then click on the Properties tab.

In either of the operating systems, look for an entry for Fraunhofer IIS
MPEG Layer-3 Codec. If the entry is missing, skip to the next paragraph.
Otherwise, double-click on the entry and then choose the About button,
ensure that you are using version 1.9 or later. If the Fraunhofer entry is
an earlier version than 1.9, then remove it.

Search for any files on your drive that match L3*.ACM and rename them to a
different extension, such as .OLD, then reinstall your copy of Easy CD
Creator.

Your MP3 files should be recognized properly after the reinstall.

Product: Easy CD Creator Date Created: 08/22/2000 10:09 AM Article Number:
000822-0001
Category: Troubleshooting / Error Messages Date Updated: 02/15/2001 02:27 PM

> Problem still exists.  Once I told EZCD to Show ALL files, it does show
them as .mp3
> files.  But, EZCD doesn't think they are .mp3 files sonce they are
associated with
> an audio player (i.e. Realplayer, Winamp, Sonique, etc.). I'm using
Sonique to play
> my .mp3 files.

> How can I configure my files types and/or EZCD to recognize my MP3 files
as actual
> .mp3 audio files so I can burn them??

> Please help.

> -b

> > I figured out the problem.  It was a VIEW problem.  "VIEW Files" was
only set to
> > show files with a CDDA or WAV extension.  When I chose to show ALL
files, my
> > MP3's appeared.  Thus, what I've read regarding EZCD converting the
files on the
> > fly must still be true.  We'll see in a few minutes.

> > Thanks - b

> > > According to the on-line help and magazine artilces on EZCD, the
conversion
> > > occurs automatically.  Why do I need to convert them manually first??
I can
> > > do this with Winamp if needed.  But, if there is a way to configure
EZCD to
> > > do it, why not?

> > > Thanks,
> > > Brian

EZCD doesn't recognize my MP3 files as audio files !

Post by Brian Christof » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 01:00:55

Jeff,

Thanks for the tip from Roxio.  I'll check it out in a moment.  I've been trying
to create an audio CD from MP3's - where EZCD converts them on the fly during
the burn process.  I'm using v4.03a.

I'll check out the tip you offered and reply.

Thanks again....Brian

> [...]

> as actual
> > .mp3 audio files so I can burn them??

> > Please help.

> > -b

> > > I figured out the problem.  It was a VIEW problem.  "VIEW Files" was
> only set to
> > > show files with a CDDA or WAV extension.  When I chose to show ALL
> files, my
> > > MP3's appeared.  Thus, what I've read regarding EZCD converting the
> files on the
> > > fly must still be true.  We'll see in a few minutes.

> > > Thanks - b

> conversion
> I can
> EZCD to

> files.
> there
> audio

EZCD doesn't recognize my MP3 files as audio files !

Post by Brian Christof » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 01:24:07

Jeff,

That worked!!  Hey - thanks a lot for your assistance.  I attempted to use Roxio's
knowledgebase, etc.  But, since I have a bundled EZCD I don't have the necessary
serial key to have access to their support areas.

Thanks again,
Brian

Post by Roxi » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:22:00

Knowledge Base should be open to all.
--

Best regards, Adrian Miller
(On behalf of Roxio, The Digital Media Company from Adaptec)

> Jeff,

> That worked!!  Hey - thanks a lot for your assistance.  I attempted to use
Roxio's
> knowledgebase, etc.  But, since I have a bundled EZCD I don't have the
necessary
> serial key to have access to their support areas.

> Thanks again,
> Brian

> > Jeff,

> > Thanks for the tip from Roxio.  I'll check it out in a moment.  I've
been trying
> > to create an audio CD from MP3's - where EZCD converts them on the fly
during
> > the burn process.  I'm using v4.03a.

> > I'll check out the tip you offered and reply.

> > Thanks again....Brian

> > > The following article from the www.roxio.com knowledgebase may help.

> > > Jeff

> > > Why doesn't Easy CD Creator detect my MP3s as valid audio files ?
(Article
> > > Number000822-0001)

> > > Easy CD Creator fails to recognize my MP3 files as being valid audio
files.

> > > When opening an Audio CD Layout in Easy CD Creator and browsing to a
> > > directly that contains MP3 files, the program reports: "There are no
audio
> > > files in this folder."

> > > Also, if you try to drag an MP3 file into an Audio Layout, a warning
message
> > > may be displayed indicating : "The MyFile.MP3 has an unrecognized file
> > > extension. Valid extensions are .WAV and .MP3. Please select a files
with a
> > > .WAV or .MP3 file extension."

> > > This information applies to the following product(s):

> > > - Easy CD Creator Deluxe 4.x Suite

> > > This information applies to the following Operating System(s):

> > > -Windows 95
> > > -Windows 98
> > > -Windows NT 4
> > > -Windows 2000

> > > Solution:

> > > In Windows 95/98/NT 4, go to Start->Control

Panel ->Multimedia->Devices and
Quote:> > > expand the Audio Compression Codecs.

Post by Roxi » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:20:32

Quote:> I just started using EZCD4.0. I have downloaded the MP3's I'd like to
> burn. When I run EZCC Audio CD Creator, it doesn't see any audio files.
> It says "There are no audio files in this folder". When, in fact, there
> are about 20 .mp3 files. They are associated with Sonique (an audio
> player). I'm a newbie at this...can anyone help?

> Brian

Your MP3 CODEC is not functioning, check it under Multimedia in the Control
Panel. If it is not there, install WMP7 to put it back.