Third Roxio Direct CD Question

Post by Kami » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 23:23:43

This occurred with my old CD drive and software and with the new setup, with
both CD-R's and RW's:

When I first insert a CD, the window saying that Direct CD is ready comes up.
This continues with as many CD's as I insert.

But if I insert a CD which was previously inserted -- without rebooting -- the
Direct CD splash screen doesn't appear.

With the old setup and CD-R's, this lead to problems (mentioned in my first
post) for which I had to use CD scandisk, and the data didn't record... and the
CD became corrupted.  (There was also a CD-RW which lost all its data, but I
don't remember the circumstance.)

With the new setup, I seem to be able to record on CD-RW's after inserting them
again before rebooting.  I don't know about the CD-R's; I still have a couple of
CD-R's that I'm using with Direct CD, but I don't re-insert them w/o rebooting.

Thanks again for any feedback.
Kami

--
email to furpods at mindspring dot com

1. CD Rewriter - Roxio Easy CD Creator/Direct CD - software capabilities

If I am posting to a NG I shouldn't, please let me know

Perhaps I am expecting these programs to do something they can't do.  They
came with my Memorex CD-Rewriter.

I want to copy Word files across to a CD-R, and send it to friend who can
open and use the files normally in Word, editing and saving his changes.

It seems to me the programs create only read-only stuff.  If so, I see no
point in them, and would be better off with (my old) Iomega Zip.

Comments?

2. Best way to preserve old games?

3. Problem Burning CD-Rs with Roxio Direct CD

4. No MIDI I mean.

5. About dumps

6. roxio direct CD

7. Stop Real Audio through firewall

8. roxio direct cd and udf reader problems

9. Ahead INCD vs Roxio Direct CD (or whatever it is now called)

10. roxio direct cd and udf reader problems

11. Installation Problem Roxio Direct Cd 5.0

12. roxio direct CD