HP 4020i fail to mount some burned CD

Post by Eric » Thu, 04 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I have many problems with HP 4020i : i got cd burned on Yamaha
and Philips CD-522 and some of these CD are unreadable in the
HP:
after inserted, lights flahs green but goest out...

Some CDR are mounted successfully...

Have you already have this problem?

I wait firmware update 1.26 from HP; if problems subsit then i
will buy a Yamaha... ;)

Thnks for your idees...

1. HP 4020i burns OK but reads only factoy CDs, no CDRs (regardless where burnt)

a friend of mine has abovementioned problem
the drive LED even stops flashing when a non-empty CDR is inserted
no change even after successfully upgrading firmware to 1.27
any help would be appreciated, thanks

* (remove *nospam* before sending mail!)
* Marc W., Salzburg, Austria
* http://members.ping.at/mawit/
* Cult Movies, Horror, SF, Video, Satellite TV, TV (X-Files, Simpsons...);
* PC: Sound, DTVideo, Entertainment; Music: Alternative, Wave, Progressive
* --- PGP public key available & recommended ---

2. MySQL Kerberos or Ldap authentication

3. 4020i - SCSI Command Errors (that's 2 HP devices to fail in 2 days)

4. Low Cost Pro/e v18

5. help!:HP 4020i doesn't want to read cds that were burned by itself

6. comp.sys.3b1 FAQ part1

7. How many CDs can the HP burn before the HP is all burned out ???

8. ACT o S5?

9. HP SureStore 4020i & reading burned disks

10. HP 4020i and random stops while burning

11. First burn with Hp 4020i

12. hp 4020i hangs after burn

13. Reno CD-ROM doesn't mount some (home-burned) disks?