Is my RICOH MP 6200s OLD???

Post by Shawn Tooryan » Fri, 26 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I paid $500 two years ago, but it still does a great job. What new
features the next generation burners offer that mine doesn't?

Thanks!

Is my RICOH MP 6200s OLD???

Post by Mike Richte » Fri, 26 Nov 1999 04:00:00

None if you do not need them.

Among the features lacking on the Ricoh 6200s (and my pair of 6201s's):

1) High speed
2) Overburning
3) CD Text

Among the advantages:

1) Reliability

In this case, the majority loses. I am happy to buy reliability at such
low cost.

Mike

--

http://mrichter.simplenet.com
CD-R http://resource.simplenet.com

Is my RICOH MP 6200s OLD???

Post by Jakob Schnel » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I have a MP6200a that I am pretty satified with, however I can not make the
thing recognise 80 min cds for more than 74 min. Is this a mallfunction or
is this just because it's an older type of burner? Is what I'm refering to -
Overburning?

Jakob

>None if you do not need them.

>Among the features lacking on the Ricoh 6200s (and my pair of 6201s's):

>1) High speed
>2) Overburning
>3) CD Text

>Among the advantages:

>1) Reliability

>In this case, the majority loses. I am happy to buy reliability at such
>low cost.

>Mike

>> I paid $500 two years ago, but it still does a great job. What new
>> features the next generation burners offer that mine doesn't?

>> Thanks!

>--

>http://mrichter.simplenet.com
>CD-R http://resource.simplenet.com

Is my RICOH MP 6200s OLD???

Post by E. Zeijlemake » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I don't have any problem using 80 min......
What is your firmware and software?

         You can reach me at:

Homepage: http://edgar.dynip.com

> I have a MP6200a that I am pretty satified with, however I can not make
the
> thing recognise 80 min cds for more than 74 min. Is this a mallfunction or
> is this just because it's an older type of burner? Is what I'm refering
to -
> Overburning?

> Jakob

> >None if you do not need them.

> >Among the features lacking on the Ricoh 6200s (and my pair of 6201s's):

> >1) High speed
> >2) Overburning
> >3) CD Text

> >Among the advantages:

> >1) Reliability

> >In this case, the majority loses. I am happy to buy reliability at such
> >low cost.

> >Mike

> >> I paid $500 two years ago, but it still does a great job. What new
> >> features the next generation burners offer that mine doesn't?

> >> Thanks!

> >--

> >http://mrichter.simplenet.com
> >CD-R http://resource.simplenet.com

Is my RICOH MP 6200s OLD???

Post by Mike Richte » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Are you sure it does not recognize the disc? Or are you assuming that
the *estimate* reflects the actual size of the blank?

Please see the page on Psychic Software in the primer at my CD-R site.

Mike

> I have a MP6200a that I am pretty satified with, however I can not make the
> thing recognise 80 min cds for more than 74 min. Is this a mallfunction or
> is this just because it's an older type of burner? Is what I'm refering to -
> Overburning?

http://mrichter.simplenet.com
CD-R http://resource.simplenet.com

Is my RICOH MP 6200s OLD???

Post by Christopher A. Ki » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I paid $500 two years ago, but it still does a great job. What new
>features the next generation burners offer that mine doesn't?

Support for more advanced data formats (i.e. multisession CDs), and
higher than 2X writing/rewriting speed.  That's about all that I seem
to be missing out on with my 6201S, which after hundreds and hundreds
of burns is still chugging along, seemingly indestructibly.

I'm almost *hoping* that it gives out on me, as I would like to get a
newer writer, but don't have the heart to put this one out to grass
just yet...

C.K. (I still like the "caddy" format as well)

Is my RICOH MP 6200s OLD???

Post by Jakob Schnel » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>Are you sure it does not recognize the disc? Or are you assuming that
>the *estimate* reflects the actual size of the blank?

Yes I actually assumed that the estimated size reflected the actual - I
guess it do not :-) But I can't copy lager files to the disc in either Easy
CD Creator nor Easy CD-direct

Quote:

>Please see the page on Psychic Software in the primer at my CD-R site.

Thank you - I will take a look

Jakob