Please help! Cd Rewriter not reading cds??

Please help! Cd Rewriter not reading cds??

Post by trac » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 22:02:06

Help!

I have a Yamaha CRW2216E it is not reading any of my cds. The cds i
put in definately have enough recordable space on them, even if i try
other cds that are not CDR cds, such as ones for internet free trial
cds etc that start automatically normally.

Please help!

trace

Please help! Cd Rewriter not reading cds??

Post by Admin Korkma » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 03:05:05

There are several reasons for which a drive could stop reading CDs. Make
sure you didn't change any software which could break the CD-ROM drivers
(installed / uninstalled burning software, virtual CD drives, etc.).
Other than that, hardware may be damaged in one of many ways. A common
death to a burner is a worn out laser which results in exacly what
you're experiencing: The drive won't do anything with the media you
insert, CD-RW media first, then all types. I suppose your warranty has
expired, so this would mean you must buy a new one :( Another reason may
be a bad power calibration which could by chance be fixed by a firmware
update. Check your manufacturers site for information on firmware
updates if you didn't already.

If your drive doesn't spin the media at all (remember how you insert the
CD, eject and check two or three times) even more is broken or the drive
doesn't have power connected ;)

Whatever, I have no idea of how to repair hardware. If there's anyone to
help, it's probably your manufacturer.

Good luck,
Admin Korkman

> Help!

> I have a Yamaha CRW2216E it is not reading any of my cds. The cds i
> put in definately have enough recordable space on them, even if i try
> other cds that are not CDR cds, such as ones for internet free trial
> cds etc that start automatically normally.

> Please help!

> trace

Please help! Cd Rewriter not reading cds??

Post by Asylu » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 03:30:45

Quote:> Help!

> I have a Yamaha CRW2216E it is not reading any of my cds. The cds i
> put in definately have enough recordable space on them, even if i try
> other cds that are not CDR cds, such as ones for internet free trial
> cds etc that start automatically normally.

> Please help!

> trace

I have the same prob, with a Samsung cd/dvd reader, dvd working fine, cd
dead! decided to buy an external cd reader and leave the Samsung in place,
this is the third time in 2 years it's gone like this, BEWARE! Samsung

--
Andd
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

1. ***Help please WIN 95 not reading CD-ROM Drive

        I've perused several websites with posts regarding CD-Rom
problems with Windows 95 but so far have not yet found a
reply/answer/suggestion for the problem (maybe the answer has been
mentioned prior to my postings there and I missed out.)

        Anyway. I just upgraded to Win95. At the same time as the
upgrade, I installed a new Western Digital HD(and partitioned it as
needed) in addition to my old Seagate. Win95 found the new HD, so now
C:, D:, and E: are identified as my Hard Drives, where D: formerly was
my CD-Rom drive.
        If I install the Win95 Panasonic CDR drivers, it will find the
CD-Rom as the F: drive, but when I click on the drive icon I get an
error msg to the effect that "Cannot access the drive,  F: is not
ready" or some such.
        I suspect the cause may be in my Autoexec.bat and config.sys
but I dunno what changes to make.
        I'd be extremely grateful if someone could e-mail me a clue,
or even a helpful website. I've been to the Packard Bell, Panasonic,
Aztech (the sound card that orginally configured the CD-Rom), and
Microsoft sites and can't quite find my particular probelem addressed.

I will be watching the posts here, also an e-mail would be great:

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help -

                                Loreli

2. CD-ROM problems

3. my cd-r reads at 2x not 4x please help

4. Req for references: overcoming communication costs.

5. WINDOWS DDE & FORTRAN (Watcom) ?

6. YAMAHA CDR102 not reading CD-ROM's, only open CDR - please help!

7. my cd-r reads at 2x not 4x please help

8. HELP w/MP6200S and NEC 8Xi Combo - does not work...Please read

9. HELP ME PLEASE CDROM will not read

10. 4020i Not Reading Discs. Please Help!

11. HELP, HELP, CD-ROM Does NOT read some files!