Non stick-on CD labeling

Post by Jim & Terry Scot » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 05:12:07

I would like to burn small volume runs and don't want stick-on labels.
Is there any affordable equipment for printing directly on the backside
of the CD?

Jungle Jim

Non stick-on CD labeling

Post by Mike Richte » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 04:59:42

Quote:> I would like to burn small volume runs and don't want stick-on labels.
> Is there any affordable equipment for printing directly on the backside
> of the CD?

There are two approaches: inkjet and thermal. Inkjet requires
premium-priced media; thermal uses a plain blank. Thermal printers are
more costly but the saving in media can be significant. On an inkjet,
make sure you consider the cost of ink.

Primera makes both types. Epson has a couple of inkjet models available
in the U.S. (and has had several in Japan for some years). Because of
the need for quality construction to deal with the weight and thickness
of CD blanks, cheap modifications of inexpensive printers have had a bad
record.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

1. Is it a bad idea to stick label on CDR discs?

I was talking to a guy who also records CD's and I mentioned that I sometimes
use Stick on vinyle lettering on CDR discs. He said this was a bad idea
because after awhile the glue on the lettering would affect the material the
CDR disc is made of, affect it in a bad way that is. Any comments/experiences
anyone?

Louis.

P.S. I use TDK, Sony, and occasionally Tayo Yuden CDR discs. Both Logo and
     No-Logo.

2. Empty Folder In My Computer

3. Any one got Stick-it label kit to work?

4. Data exchange between usercontrols

5. Labeled or non-labled CDR media: What should I get??

6. Domain Admins & Software Metering

7. New CD label site for CD Glossy labels, CD cases, mailers, sleeves and packaging

8. Problem with Lachman PPP - contact needed

9. Glossy CD labels & Matte CD labels

10. CDR Label Templates for Memorex CD LabelMaker Labels

11. CD Label Software and Labels

12. cd-r/cd-rw tray stuck

13. cd-r/cd-rw tray stuck in out position