Torisan (Sanyo) CDR-SIG questions

Post by ken ston » Mon, 03 Jun 1996 04:00:00

A friend who lives a fair distance away is upgrading to a faster cd-rom
drive.  He wants to sell his Torisan (Sanyo) CDR-SIG 4X cdrom drive to
me. He no longer has the manuals and is unable to answer basic questions
for me. Can anyone let me know how compatible this drive is with
Windows95 and other software in general. Also does anyone have a tech.
support number or bulletin board number for Sanyo or Torisan?
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Ken

Post by Rich Hin » Wed, 05 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>A friend who lives a fair distance away is upgrading to a faster cd-rom
>drive.  He wants to sell his Torisan (Sanyo) CDR-SIG 4X cdrom drive to
>me. He no longer has the manuals and is unable to answer basic questions
>for me. Can anyone let me know how compatible this drive is with
>Windows95 and other software in general. Also does anyone have a tech.
>support number or bulletin board number for Sanyo or Torisan?
>Your help is greatly appreciated.
>Thanks in advance,
>Ken

Good luck finding support for that drive.  I also have one of them.
The company that actually produces the drive is out of Malaysia, or
something stupid like that.  The drive is Atapi 1.2 compliant, so it
should work with most things.  It has simple master / slave jumpers on
the back, too.

Rich