BTC CdROM Powers down system

Post by Pat Barbe » Tue, 31 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I recently purchased a couple of BTC 24X Cd-roms from a
wholesaler and when I installed one of them in an old
IBM 350 which I installed W/95.... The install went fine
but after the install, when W/95 tried to access the Cd
drive, it would actually power down the system !!!!!

I realize these cd's are not the most expensive in the world
but still, it shouldn't actually knock the system down....

Anybody else seen this happen before ???????

By the way... theses drives apparently work just fine
with W/3.1 ..........

I replace the cd with a digtral research drive and everything
works fine now.... is it the drive or W/95 ??????

1. BTC cdrom constantly powering up and down

I'm having trouble with my cd-rom drive constantly powering up and down.  It
is causing audio cds to skip and aggravating pauses in data cds.  It is a
BTC 24x internal with windows 95.  Any ideas?

Power management is disabled, settings in the control panel - system are set
to quad or higher speed and supplemental cache size to full, k6-233
processor with 64 megs of ram and a 5.25 Fujitsu UDMA hard drive.

Thanks,

2. Anyone have a model III FS W/H modem?

3. BTC brand CDROM won't spin down, any advice?

4. PCMCIA cdrom help......how do you load windoz on a laptop?

5. CDROM 32x Power down problems

6. How to modify Pine's addressbook?

7. Help;Polariod (BTC) Burnmax 32x, burns slow, buffer down to 1%

8. 10 Base 2, TCP/IP, NT 95 question

9. BTC 6x CD Rom Spin down??? Please help

10. Spin up, Spin down, Spin up, Spin down, Spin up, Spin down, ....

11. How can I keep my CD-ROM from automatically powering down?

12. Win On CD 3.7 Power Edition Shut down prob

13. CD power-down problems