CD-ROM Autorun startup question

Post by mik » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:55:36

What do you put in the Autorun.inf file that will make a CD-ROM
autostart a INDEX.HTML file using Windows Internet Explorer
(iexplore) ??

Thank you

Post by smh » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:06:40

> What do you put in the Autorun.inf file that will make a CD-ROM
> autostart a INDEX.HTML file using Windows Internet Explorer
> (iexplore) ??

Put the following two lines in AUTORUN.INF:

[AutoRun]
Open=explorer.exe index.html

(Note: It's not Iexplorer.)
(Note: Don't copy Explorer.exe to the cd.)
(Note: You don't need no stinking START or SHELLOUT.)
(Note: It opens the default browser.)

Post by Mike Richte » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:03:33

> What do you put in the Autorun.inf file that will make a CD-ROM
> autostart a INDEX.HTML file using Windows Internet Explorer
> (iexplore) ??

On a Win9x system, just
open=start index.html

On an NT system, you can force MSIE with
open=explorer index.html

or you can fire up the user's default browser with an auxiliary program
such as SHELLOUT.EXE (freeware at my WWW site) and
open=shellout index.html

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

1. Win95 Autorun CD-ROM on startup

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem with my new CD-rom (Pioneer DRU03S 24X
SCSI with ASUS SC200 SCSI Adapter).
Each time, I start or restart windows95 (OSR1), if a cd was left in the
drive, then the autorun program will start.
Before, with my IDE Mitsumi 4X cd-rom, the autorun program will only
start upon cd insertion !!!

Is there something special I need to set for my SCSI cd-rom ??

Does anyone use this cd-rom drive without trouble ??

Thanks in advance

Marc Pelissier (Paris, France)

2. Linksys Firewall and FTP

3. Question for DirectCD Retail owners re: startup banner

4. Need SAP FI Designer Analyst @@@ TX

5. question on slow startup HW

6. dBase library for C BESIDES Codebase?

7. CD-R questions: Autorun and DATA+Audio CDs.

8. Hmm

9. CD-ROM only works when CD is inserted at startup.....

10. HELP! CD-ROM not detected during startup

11. cd-rom keeps popping open on startup

12. CD-ROM problem at startup

13. CD-ROM lock computer up on startup