Epson Printheads

Post by Aaro » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I have read alot of stuff in this ng about frequent epson head clogging. How
often/quick does this happen?

I was thinking on getting the stylus 640.

Epson Printheads

Post by Bob Ment » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>I have read alot of stuff in this ng about frequent epson head clogging.
How
>often/quick does this happen?

>I was thinking on getting the stylus 640.

Aaron...

I have a one and a half year old Stylus Color 800.  I have never had a clog
problem.  One way to assure that is to always use Epson Ink.  Most people
witht he clog problem (from what I have read in the past year or so) is that
they try to refill their ink cartridges on their own.  Also, after a period
of time, the printer itself will run the self cleaning program.  Make sure
that if you don't notice it, to do it yourself at least once every two or
three days.  I can't tell you how pleased I am with this printer.  The
Micro-piezo print technology rocks!  Go for it.

Bob

Epson Printheads

Post by Kirk Bub » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I have read alot of stuff in this ng about frequent epson head clogging. How
>often/quick does this happen?

>I was thinking on getting the stylus 640.

My original Epson Stylus Color (the 1st one they produced so it has no
model number)  will be five years old soon.  Used Epson ink
exclusively.  Don't print all that much, needing to replace cartridges
only twice a year.

When I start getting funky colors or horizontal pinstrips of weak
color I know it's time to clean the heads. My Epson manual states that
cleaning may take as many as *ten* cleaning cycles of both color and
b&w heads, but I have never needed more than three cleaning cycles to
make my problems go away.  The need to do the cleaning cycle dance
happens to me maybe four or five times per year.

1. Epson 1200 and WindowsME NOT Compatible

With WindowsME about to be released you should know that it is NOT
compatible with the Epson Perfection 1200.  It simply cannot establish a
Twain connection and an amount of tweaking can overcome that.  Unless Epson
issues a new driver within the next two weeks there will be a lot of 1200
users with unusable scanners.  I uninstalled my advance copy of ME because
of this problem and advised Epson of the problem.  The more mail Epson gets
about this concern, the sooner we may get the new driver!

2. winsock: auto remove ip header after packet has been received ?

3. Epson Perfection 600 scanner

4. Microsoft Gave Me Wrong Frontpage Product

5. Epson CD-ROM drive?

6. How to lock a NT4 workstation Programmatically ?

7. Epson 600 as CD Printer?

8. Need help with a Form

9. Help? Cd printing with Epson

10. WinOnCD 3.6.420 - Absturz mit Epson Druckertreiber (CDRW: Ricoh MP 7040S)

11. HP 940/960c, Epson Stylus c60 - max paper weight/thickness

12. Epson actiontower 3000

13. Epson 1200S, Sony Spressa, & SCSI