PINNACLE RCD-202

Post by Emile Gardett » Tue, 06 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone have experience or comments (pro or con) to offer on the
PINNACLE RCD-202 1X CD-Recordable drive? I know that the rush is on to 2X
and 4X recordable drives BUT this unit is selling for $399 and could be
enough for my purposes which is strictly recording .WAV files in red book
format to CD_AUDIO tracks. I have no idea which software comes with it
and also wonder if Jeff Arnold's software supports it. I've read the
glowing comments on the Pinnacle 5050 with his software and would hope
that there's a CHANCE that audio CD-R's could be successfully recorded
with this unit.
Opinions and personal  experiences with this unit welcome! Is this a BIG
mistake or feasible? I understand that these units are probably
reconditioned and only carry a 90 day warranty and NO REFUNDS according
to the ad but for $399 if I can crank out CD-AUDIO discs that play OK
then it could be a good 'starter' unit... or not? Let me know! <g>

Thanks in advance,
Emile

PINNACLE RCD-202

Post by shawn lalan » Tue, 13 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Opinions and personal  experiences with this unit welcome! Is this a BIG
>mistake or feasible? I understand that these units are probably
>reconditioned and only carry a 90 day warranty and NO REFUNDS according
>to the ad but for $399 if I can crank out CD-AUDIO discs that play OK
>then it could be a good 'starter' unit... or not? Let me know! <g>

I rather stick with the proven 4020I.

PINNACLE RCD-202

Post by Roger A. Kendal » Tue, 13 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> >Opinions and personal  experiences with this unit welcome! Is this a BIG
> >mistake or feasible? I understand that these units are probably
> >reconditioned and only carry a 90 day warranty and NO REFUNDS according
> >to the ad but for $399 if I can crank out CD-AUDIO discs that play OK
> >then it could be a good 'starter' unit... or not? Let me know! <g>

> I rather stick with the proven 4020I.

The buffer in this unit is too small to allow it to work under
most conditions....it is a real, real dog.  Don't do it.

PINNACLE RCD-202

Post by E. Goldbe » Wed, 14 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>> >Opinions and personal  experiences with this unit welcome! Is this a BIG
>> >mistake or feasible? I understand that these units are probably
>> >reconditioned and only carry a 90 day warranty and NO REFUNDS according
>> >to the ad but for $399 if I can crank out CD-AUDIO discs that play OK
>> >then it could be a good 'starter' unit... or not? Let me know! <g>

>> I rather stick with the proven 4020I.

>The buffer in this unit is too small to allow it to work under
>most conditions....it is a real, real dog.  Don't do it.

Yep.

I'd recommend just buying media and immediately using them as frisbees.  This
would save $399, with the same end result...

1. WTB: used Pinnacle RCD-202 or RCD-1000

Like it says.

Since the new RCD-5xxx unit coming out next month will be $1295 SRP, and
the RCD-202 is discontinued (thinks so, have heard they are still being
sold new over in Europe), the used price will reflect this market.

If you bought one for a PC, and are frustrated by the unit, let me know.
Or if you are upgrading your Mac.

Steve B.

--

2. Dallas Programming Job Available - Cool Stuff - Really - Not SPAM

3. PINNACLE RCD-202

4. Sysgen and installing Z80CCP

5. WTB: used Pinnacle RCD-202

6. WebEx sugg: Put a toolbar button for "Save to Disk"

7. Experience with Pinnacle RCD-202 (CD-ROM Maker)

8. tsm working with stty options

9. Need help with Pinnacle RCD 202 and Macintosh RCD 1.51

10. Help with Pinnacle RCD-202

11. pinnacle rcd-202: what software to use?

12. WTB: Pinnacle RCD-202, open offer

13. Anyone else w/ Pinnacle RCD-202 having problems?