Making VCD

Post by Pengyin Che » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I have a HP7550i and ECDC Deluxe 3.5 and try to make VCD. I want to make one
karaoke VCD with music videos from several karaoke VCDs. Is anyone know how
to do this?

The files in the VCDs are ".dat" file. Using ECDC Deluxe to make VCD
requires ".mpg" file. Is anyone know how to convert ".dat" file to ".mpg"
file.

Making VCD

Post by CatFoo » Sun, 05 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Just change "dat" to "mpg" in explorer window.

> At least in the current ECDC (3.5c), DAT files are accepted as well as
> MPG. However, they are not in the default list of filetypes so you must
> go to All files as I recall.

> Mike

> > I have a HP7550i and ECDC Deluxe 3.5 and try to make VCD. I want to make
one
> > karaoke VCD with music videos from several karaoke VCDs. Is anyone know
how
> > to do this?

> > The files in the VCDs are ".dat" file. Using ECDC Deluxe to make VCD
> > requires ".mpg" file. Is anyone know how to convert ".dat" file to
".mpg"
> > file.

> --

> http://mrichter.simplenet.com
> CD-R http://resource.simplenet.com

Making VCD

Post by WebMonke » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> Just change "dat" to "mpg" in explorer window.

> > At least in the current ECDC (3.5c), DAT files are accepted as well as
> > MPG. However, they are not in the default list of filetypes so you must
> > go to All files as I recall.

> > Mike

> > > I have a HP7550i and ECDC Deluxe 3.5 and try to make VCD. I want to make
> one
> > > karaoke VCD with music videos from several karaoke VCDs. Is anyone know
> how
> > > to do this?

> > > The files in the VCDs are ".dat" file. Using ECDC Deluxe to make VCD
> > > requires ".mpg" file. Is anyone know how to convert ".dat" file to
> ".mpg"
> > > file.

> > --

> > http://mrichter.simplenet.com
> > CD-R http://resource.simplenet.com

if you still want to extract the .mpg from the .dat, you can use
vcdgear.exe
excellent program.

vcdgear -dat2mpg -fix input.dat output.mpg

will give you what you want.
surefire way to get adaptecs vcd creator to output a nice vcd.

it'll also handle .cue/.bin/.raw to .mpg correctly
--
A.C. Curtis
KB?WLF

http://www.rollanet.org/~demoman

1. Clue me in on making VCD's

See www.vcdhelp.com for full information on capturing, conversion, ripping,
and making VCDs from just about any input source you'd normally think of
using.

d=)

2. Unable to register workstation.

3. Need Help making vcd from mpgs using WinOnCD

4. minix kermit source?

5. Making VCD on Mac

6. Erratic cd-rom Fixed

7. Making VCD