yamaha crd200.DAE

Post by Peter Rip » Mon, 03 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi there.
I own a yamaha cdr200t and would like to know at what speed
other can get it to digitally extract audio.
I use gear. And when set to 6x it actually reads at 4x but this produces
jitter. Ive had some slight other problems  with the drive and would
like to know if it is defect in some way.
I have tried using EZ CD pro, and when set ta auto it read at about 5x,
with lots of jittering.

So if you use a cdr200t, please mail me and tell me about your
results...
 Peter Ripa

yamaha crd200.DAE

Post by Teknix Speciali » Mon, 03 Nov 1997 04:00:00

does the cdr200 use the same firmware upgrade as the cdr400?

On Sun, 02 Nov 1997 14:14:59 +0100, Peter Ripa

>Hi there.
>I own a yamaha cdr200t and would like to know at what speed
>other can get it to digitally extract audio.
>I use gear. And when set to 6x it actually reads at 4x but this produces
>jitter. Ive had some slight other problems  with the drive and would
>like to know if it is defect in some way.
>I have tried using EZ CD pro, and when set ta auto it read at about 5x,
>with lots of jittering.

>So if you use a cdr200t, please mail me and tell me about your
>results...
> Peter Ripa

1. Yamaha CRW2100SZ. Uneven DAE?

Does anyone know the correct SCSI settings for the
Yamaha CRW2100SZ (SCSI version) to work at it's best
with an Adaptec 29160 SCSI controller card?

The Yamaha is working flawless when reading and burning
CDs, but I get uneven response when I test the transfer Data
Test with "CD Speed99".

Here are the results from 2 Yamaha units with diferrent firmware versions:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1119823&a=8227016&p=37000733

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1119823&a=8227016&p=37000737

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1119823&a=8227016&p=37000739

I also tried connecting with a separate second controller
(an Adaptec AHA-2940UW) and I get the same results,
so I believe there could be something related to the controller
cards BIOS settings.
I tried a similar Yamaha unit with similar results.
BTW, this unit is noisy (vibrations) when spinning at high speed,
does anyone experience this?
My system:

Pentium III 600 MHZ.
Iwill BD110 Plus (Intel 440BX AGP set) mother board.
256 MB of RAM.
Western Digital 18.3 GB 10K RPM Ultra 160M SCSI Hard Drive, and (second)
Seagate 9 GB Ultra Wide SCSI3 7200 RPM SCSI hard Drive.
Yamaha CRW2100SZ (SCSI CD-RW) (internal)(Player)
ATI Radeon AGP video card (64 MB)
Creative Labs, Live audio card.

Thanks in advance!

P.Collins

2. Req: Hyperion

3. Does Yamaha 4416 support DAE? *NT

4. Ultimate Body Blows - CD32

5. Bad DAE on Yamaha 2260....

6. Metric

7. Does the Yamaha 4260 do perfect DAE at 6x and does it use OPC?

8. integrated hubs/bridges/routers

9. yamaha cdr400t DAE and recording at 4x and pioneer dr-u12x

10. Yamaha CRW4260 = DAE at 6x?

11. Yamaha CRW-4001t DAE & MIxed mode

12. Yamaha SCSI 4260 DAE ?