Nec CD crashes system when door closes ???

Nec CD crashes system when door closes ???

Post by Pan » Mon, 15 Apr 1996 04:00:00

System:
 Pentium 133 mghz, 16 mgb ram, Nec 4x CD
 1.2 gig HD, 28.8 modem
 Win95

Problem:
 System crash when CD drive door is closed after inserting
CDRom.

 Problem is intermittent - most notable when CD is inserted
after program already running. i.e., if I am using programming
language and want to look up info on CD help files.

message from system when it crahses:

"32 bit device driver has corrupted critical system memory
resulting in an exception 0E at 0028:C0231948 in VxDVMM (0D)+ 00001948
This was called from 0028:C0FD6EF6 in VxDCDFS (04)+ 00000046"

Is this a hardware crash of the virtual memory manager?

Or is it software?

When the CD is inserted the led does light up and then Kaboom!

 It doesn't happen very often when I load a CD before starting
associated software, but it has happened in these circumstances too.

 What could there be about pushing the button to close the door that
initiates a crash like this?

Thanks in advance,

Doug Sterrett

1. CD door closes uncommanded and too quickly

I've just installed a Mirai/IMES 8x CDROM onto a 486 PC: Primary IDE
master is the HD, primary slave is the CDROM.  The BIOS autoscan doesn't
pick up the CDROM but Win95 picks it up and installs drivers, that work
- files can be read off the CDROM.

However, the drivebay door won't stay open!   It opens just fine, either
from the front panel button, or using the Eject command in Windows
Explorer (etc) - but remains open only for a second, before closing up
again.

What's wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Richard.

2. Code Coverage

3. Opening and closing cdrom door

4. Converting IMG files to GIF

5. AHA-2940U2W + Ricoh 6200S = Easy CD Creator Crash Crash Crash

6. parse "nTSecurityDescriptor" attribute problem

7. CD-R crashing my system!

8. Adaptec Direct CD Crashes System

9. Adaptec "CD Copier Deluxe" Crashed my System

10. Direct cd 2a crashes system because of scsi port 01 error and vxd

11. Problem: Can not boot from CD-ROM - System crashes - HELP !

12. Alternate cdfs.vxd - system crashes after restoring the original vxd