CD Problems after upgrade

Post by Al Mathew » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:25:01

I am looking for some help or discussion of similar experiences. Any
assistance is greatly appreciated. After recent upgrade to a Pentium 4 MSI
granitebay system board with which I used my existing HD so there were some
driver issues most of which I was able to resolve. One nagger hangs on. Ever
since the upgrade I can not play an audio CD by opening it with an
application. If I open the CD in explorer I can drag the file to my
applications (Roxio Audio Central, ATI media player, Real One player.. and
others) the .cda files will play fine. I think it must be a codec or
something since the hardware seems to operate fine. If I try to open the CD
with Windows media player it say the files are unknown format and it tries
to play them but can't. Also when I start my burner software it tells me
that I won't be able to record audio CD because the windows MCI driver is
not loaded. Does anyone know how to reload the Windows MCI drivers? I have
searched all over MS and the web in general but find no help. Thanks for
your help.

Al

1. CD-RW & CD Problems Related to Upgrading WIN NT 4.0

 I decided to upgrade my Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 Professional. After
upgrading, Windows 2000 Pro can't detect my CD-RW (HP 8100i -  Sony CRX100E
produced for HP). After that I tryed to reinstall CD-ROM and IDE Controller
drivers but nothing happens. I replaced CD-RW with CD-R (Mitsumi FX4820) but
nothing.
How to solve this problem?

        thx

My configuration - HP Kayak XU 7/550X
Pentium III Xeon 550 MHz
256 RAM
2xHDD Segate Chetah  9.1GB SCSI
CD-RW HP8100i / CD-R Mitsumi FX4820
Matrox MX400 Dual Head

2. Miracle Herbal Smoking Cure 100% guaranteed to work

3. Problems with CD-copying after upgrading to Adaptec 19160

4. Work with ENVI vector layers

5. The upgrade to Easy CD Creator 5.02c still doesn't address the validate problem.

6. WHERE ARE THESE DOCUMENTS.

7. Easy Cd Creator problem after upgrade to 4.03

8. PPI 14.4 & Smartdrv -- HELP !!!

9. EZ CD Creater upgrade problem

10. Easy CD Pro 2.11 upgrade problem

11. Problem with old CD ROM after machine upgrade

12. Easy CD Pro Win 95 -Upgrade problem

13. Easy CD Pro 2.11b upgrade problems