CDRWin 3.8C sucks...

Post by Tek S'por » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:40:01

So, maybe I am just missing something, but here goes:

Got myself a copy of GoldenHawk's CDRWin 3.8C a while back per the
recommendation of a couple friends who said this is the, "no frills, just
what you need CDR package..." The problem is, I can't get it to work.

It seems to create ISO's and burn them to the disc with no problem, but
after the burn operation is complete - I can't read the CD contents! The
disc has been etched, I can see that physically, but both Windows 2000 and
XP see the platter as a formatted but empty disc. It's almost like CDRWin is
not writing the table of contents to the CD. Wierd.

Anyone out there have expereince with this?

Tek

CDRWin 3.8C sucks...

Post by Lord of the Flie » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:01:41

Try purchasing your copy. CDRWin is well known for it's nice protection
mechanism.

Quote:> So, maybe I am just missing something, but here goes:

> Got myself a copy of GoldenHawk's CDRWin 3.8C a while back per the
> recommendation of a couple friends who said this is the, "no frills, just
> what you need CDR package..." The problem is, I can't get it to work.

> It seems to create ISO's and burn them to the disc with no problem, but
> after the burn operation is complete - I can't read the CD contents! The
> disc has been etched, I can see that physically, but both Windows 2000 and
> XP see the platter as a formatted but empty disc. It's almost like CDRWin
is
> not writing the table of contents to the CD. Wierd.

> Anyone out there have expereince with this?

> Tek

1. THPPPFFT on CDRwin [was Re: CDRWIN & Windows 2000]

On Sat, 13 May 2000 10:50:58 +0100, "Graham Mayor"

Thpppfft on CDRWin.

From the looks of things on my end, Jeff has ceased all development on
it.

 o  There's no 12X burner support (it's supposedly "coming soon" for a
month) when other software (e.g., CloneCD, ECDC, Nero) has supported
it for months.  Implementing this takes hours (less than 1 day), even
with debugging.
 o  No MMC-DAO-RAW support.
 o  Along with the above, no full subchannel audio/data support.
 o  Graphical CUE sheet editor is apparently been put on hold
"indefinitely" (been promised for at LEAST a year).
 o  Duping of CDExtra/MultiSession CDs still a PITA.

While in the past, Jeff's software was the software "of choice" for
burning CDs, nearly every other program has eclipsed it.  And I doubt
Mr. Arnold can ever regain it, his excellent P.R. skills
notwithstanding.  :^>

2. paperport link to pdf - possible

3. CDRWin Vs CDRWin

4. VPN vs Private Network

5. No direct cd to cd copying in CDRWin between Panasonic 7502B and Toshiba 6201B in CDRWin?

6. zkicking 1.3 under 2.04 ?

7. Smart & Friendly SUCKS...

8. * Help me total a field *

9. HP Sucks lets fight back

10. sound recorded on RW sucks

11. HP7200 + Ricoh discs + JVC Cd-player SUCKS

12. Does Lacie suck?

13. Hewlet Packard 7100 Sucks