TORiSAN (Sanyo) 4X CD-ROM with SB16 problem - Help?

TORiSAN (Sanyo) 4X CD-ROM with SB16 problem - Help?

Post by fzbur.. » Wed, 27 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I am trying to add a TORiSAN (Sanyo) 4X CD-ROM to my daughters 486-40 machine
using the IDE interface on a SoundBlaster 16 board and a CDR-S1G device
driver.  Currently, the machine has two floppies and a hard drive (its own
IDE).  The sound card works fine, but the CD-ROM never responds.  I'm thinking
there may be an interrupt conflict, but I can't be sure.  Can anyone help me
here?  Should the CD-ROM be primary or secondary?  Should it be a slave or
master (it has jumpers for SL, MA and CS)?  Do I need to disable something on
the existing IDE card driving the hard drive and floppies?  Any suggestions
will be greatly appreciated!

Dave

TORiSAN (Sanyo) 4X CD-ROM with SB16 problem - Help?

Post by barmstro » Wed, 27 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>I am trying to add a TORiSAN (Sanyo) 4X CD-ROM to my daughters 486-40 machine
>using the IDE interface on a SoundBlaster 16 board and a CDR-S1G device
>driver.  Currently, the machine has two floppies and a hard drive (its own
>IDE).  The sound card works fine, but the CD-ROM never responds.  I'm thinking
>there may be an interrupt conflict, but I can't be sure.  Can anyone help me
>here?

Umm, my experience with the Torisan units is that they dont work very
well -- ask anyone who has bought a rebadged Turtle Beach CD ROM drive.

Brad

TORiSAN (Sanyo) 4X CD-ROM with SB16 problem - Help?

Post by dominick logiudic » Sun, 31 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I have the same problem
I just bought the tbs900 TURTLE BEACH  4X DRIVE with the sb 16
value from comp usa
i installed the sound card but Im having trouble with the cd rom
i know its getting power the cd tray will open and close.
when i boot up i see the following error
ATAPI CD-ROM INTERFACE NOT INSTALLED

When i try to install the mci cd driver i get
THIS DEVICE IS ASSUMED TO BE DRIVE 0.

IF YOU GET ANY RESPONSES PLEASE HERE SO I COULD READ THANKS

1. SoundBlaster 16 and TORiSAN (Sanyo) 4X CD-ROM - Help?

I am trying to add a TORiSAN (Sanyo) 4X CD-ROM to my daughters 486-40 machine
using the IDE interface on a SoundBlaster 16 board and a CDR-S1G device
driver.  Currently, the machine has two floppies and a hard drive (its own
IDE).  The sound card works fine, but the CD-ROM never responds.  I'm thinking
there may be an interrupt conflict, but I can't be sure.  Can anyone help me
here?  Should the CD-ROM be primary or secondary?  Should it be a slave or
master (it has jumpers for SL, MA and CS)?  Do I need to disable something on
the existing IDE card driving the hard drive and floppies?  Any suggestions
will be greatly appreciated!

Dave

2. xwsh: cannot connect to display

3. torisan (sanyo) 4x 3cd changer problem in wn3.1

4. Make Supra 288i talk to other 14.4k modem in Notes, any one?

5. Need drivers: Sanyo Torisan 4X

6. No Hard Drive Clients

7. Need help wilt Sanyo CD-ROM on SB16

8. Network Security Analysis

9. Torisan (Sanyo) changer problems

10. Need Win95 driver for Torisan (Sanyo) S1G cd rom

11. Sanyo Torisan CDR-S16 Help needed

12. Probs withTorisan (Sanyo) 4X Cd-Rom: Help!