My Pioneer 24X slot in noisy even when IDLE ?!

My Pioneer 24X slot in noisy even when IDLE ?!

Post by El Grin » Mon, 06 Apr 1998 05:00:00

When it is active, is it too noisy. the problem is that it stays noisy
even after that (when idle, no access) during 5-10 minutes. And it is very
disturbing. Is that a common feature of these Drives ? Is there a way to
fix it ? Do I have to replace it or get another type ? (sony goldstar
creatives 24X ?).

Besides, this drive don't even stops when the suspend mode is on (ABIT
LX6)...

Thanks. Riad

To email, replace the "ANTI-SPAM.ORG" by "com"

My Pioneer 24X slot in noisy even when IDLE ?!

Post by Kron » Tue, 07 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>When it is active, is it too noisy. the problem is that it stays noisy
>even after that (when idle, no access) during 5-10 minutes. And it is very
>disturbing. Is that a common feature of these Drives ? Is there a way to
>fix it ? Do I have to replace it or get another type ? (sony goldstar
>creatives 24X ?).

>Besides, this drive don't even stops when the suspend mode is on (ABIT
>LX6)...

Are you saying this drive doesn't spin down until 5 to 10 minutes?
Hell, I think I'll go buy one :-). Heck with the noise...

Post by El Grin » Tue, 07 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>Are you saying this drive doesn't spin down until 5 to 10 minutes?
>Hell, I think I'll go buy one :-). Heck with the noise...

Well, it is very fast, but too noisy, beleive me (with data cdroms only,
not audio). when I have winamp running, I can hear the cd drive spining
with the sound...
but this 5-10 minutes is very variable, under dos, it stops after 1
minutes or so...even in windows, it changes a lot (caching????)
may be the driver....

Riad

To email, replace the "ANTI-SPAM.ORG" by "com"

My Pioneer 24X slot in noisy even when IDLE ?!

Post by Paul Mart » Sat, 11 Apr 1998 04:00:00

my 12X Pioneer SCSI is noisy as hell too, until I remove the disk.
SOme disks are worse than others, for whatever reason

Quote:>When it is active, is it too noisy. the problem is that it stays noisy
>even after that (when idle, no access) during 5-10 minutes. And it is very
>disturbing. Is that a common feature of these Drives ? Is there a way to
>fix it ? Do I have to replace it or get another type ? (sony goldstar
>creatives 24X ?).

>Besides, this drive don't even stops when the suspend mode is on (ABIT
>LX6)...

>Thanks. Riad

>To email, replace the "ANTI-SPAM.ORG" by "com"

1. Pioneer 24X SLOT IN and blu Pioneer CDR!?!?

I have this cdrom drive for three weeks nad I have to admit that it's
great: no vibration at all, it does DAE at 11.9 (windac) and even 13.5
(CDCOPY)!!!
I've got a dr-502S recognized as DR-A02S (IDE version) 1.07 firmware
revision, the only thing I find really annoying is that it seems like
it cannot read well blu pioneer cdrs?!?  Sometimes it reads them
sometimes doesn't and keeps reading until everything goes to hell!

How can it be?? I mean...can it be possible that a Pioneer's cdrom
drive cannot read pioneer's blu cdrs???

Does anyone have my same problem????
TNX

Ataru

2. Screensaver on taskbar - annoying problem

3. Pioneer 16X slot DVD-ROM..This thing is noisy.

4. Weird web site trace

5. Pioneer 24x SCSI-2 Slot In Drive

6. Best Firewall?

7. Pioneer 24x Slot-In - Multisession CD problems

8. HP 4020i gone bye bye ?

9. Pioneer 24x slot-in produces read errors under Win95

10. Questions regarding Mitsumi FX400 and Hi-Val/Pioneer Slot insert 24x

11. Pioneer Slot 24X SCSI - How fast DAE ?

12. Volume output is low on my Pioneer 24x SCSI (non-slot model)

13. Pioneer 24x SCSI noisy ?