Stingray....need help ..

Post by autwi » Sat, 23 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I have just switch from win311 to win95, it seem to be that there is a
compatability between Stingray 4X IDE with win95.  I got the latest
drivers from Optical Storage (OSI110Q.sys), but after setting up the
win95, I cannot access to my CDrom.  So after many tries of installation
and changing drivers, I give up.
Than I try to disable all the 32 bits protect-mode disk drivers I got it
working (final can read from CDrom). but now my win95 is not run optimal
performance.  Is there any drivers or way I can get the system back in
full optimal contion???

Thankyou

Autwin
Singapore

1. HELP needed with TEAC,Stingray&NHL96

        System upgrade caused performance drop!!!

        My System:

        Pentium 133MHz
        Intel Endeavor MB
        16MB / 256kB Pipeline
        Seagate ST51080A 1.08GB
        Hercules Stingray64/V 2MB DRAM (was Diamond Stealth64 ARK2000 2MB DRAM)
        TEAC CD-56E-002 6x  (was Vertos400 4x)

        Problem:

        After videocard and CD-ROM -drive upgrade I noticed strange stops
        in graphic while playing NHL96. Especially when the 'One minute left
        in the nn period' -announcement is loaded from CD-ROM the system
        freezes for a second. Generally the playing and video is smoother
        than before, but those stops are disturbing.

        All benchmarks give much more higher performance rates to my new
        videocard and CD-ROM -drive.

        Old CD-ROM was attached (slave) to the primary EIDE- interface with
        hard-disk. Now I connected the TEAC as a master to the secondary
        EIDE- interface.

        Any help will be appreciated!!!

2. FA: Amiga Hardware Reference Manual

3. REQ: need help with optics storage STINGRAY 6X cd-rom/win95

4. Can MacII's use peecee memory?

5. Help! Need Drivers for Optics Storage Stingray 8222

6. Sorry for the delay...

7. Stingray 8322 6X driver needed for WIN95

8. VueScan and monitor profiles

9. HELP: Win 95 driver fot Stingray 4x cdrom

10. Driver CD Rom STINGRAY 8322-6X for Windows 95

11. Optics Storage Stingray 8422

12. Hi-Val (Stingray) 8x CD-Rom

13. Optics Storage Stingray 8x