Issue with Windows 2000, Adaptec 29160 with Adaptec EZCD Creator Deluxe 4.02 and Ricoh 7040S Burner

Issue with Windows 2000, Adaptec 29160 with Adaptec EZCD Creator Deluxe 4.02 and Ricoh 7040S Burner

Post by Chri » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Had a similar problem and it turned out that the "aspi layer" (4 system
files) hadn't loaded properly with the Adaptec EZCD Creator software. A
utility to check for this and another to install the current versions of the
files can be found on the Adaptec site.
Now all I have left to solve is that the EZ CD Creator software is somehow
interfering with Win2K shutdown...won't do final power down or shut
down/restart have to use hardware reset.  Any suggestions?

Quote:> Has anyone gotten this combination to work relaibly?  I have made more
> coasters in the past few attempted burns than Tupperware makes in a
> day and this is simply rediculous with a SCSI subsystem.

> Anyway, here is the issue.. I am attempting to read some MP3's off my
> hard disk and write them to a CD.  What type of errors do I get?
> Believe it or not, they are buffer underruns and stuff.  What's up
> with that??

> If anyone has any suggestions on this setup, I would appreciate it
> gretaly.  My previous setup was an NT4 system with an Adaptec 2940UW
> and it worked like an absolute champ.  This is most annoying.

> TIA,
> - Darkstar

1. Easy CD Creator "4.0, 4.01, 4.02, 4.02c" and "Windows 2000" Issues...

Dear All,

I have a Plexwriter 12/4/32 (latest 1.04 BIOS) and am running Windows 2000
Pro, When I install Easy CD Creator Deluxe (4.0), and try to burn anything,
I get this message:

"There are no supported CD-Recorders available.Ensure that CD-R recorder is
powered ON and that all cables are properly connected. You may also need to
update Easy CD Creator to recognize your CD-Recorder. To update Easy CD
Creator select Web-Checkup from the Internet menu."

Despite the fact that on Adaptec web site it has been Cleary stated that the
new 4.01, 4.02, 4.02c patches are not compatible with windows NT, I updated
mine and still get the same message.

When I install and uninstall the program, I make sure that I have removed
all registry settings, so there are no previous settings available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The drive works great with CloneCD and CDRWin though and I am running the
latest WinASPI.

Thanks in advance for your help!

--
Best Regards,
Shawn Tooryani

2. Multiple Email accounts for VerizonDSL

3. 16 RS-232 Patch Modules in 19" Rack Frame

4. Adaptec Easy CD Creator Deluxe 4.02 & TEAC CDR55S

5. Is calibration of a SCSI NEC reive difficult?

6. EZCD 4.02 and Windows 2000--trackwriter errors

7. HELP: Philip CD3610 can't DAE some CD-DA

8. Can Adaptec EZCD creator 4.02 normalize MP3s while burining to cda disc???

9. Adaptec EZCD Creator 4.02 - Directory OK - can't read files

10. Easy CD Creator 4.02 with Ricoh MP7040A under Win 2000

11. Problem installing Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4.02c on Windows 2000

12. Howto: Adaptec CD Creator on Windows 2000 (and NT)