Access previous session

Post by Steph » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:44:10

Hello,

Question:

If I burn onto a CD-Rom a data file using NERO 5.5 during one session
and then later add an updated copy of that same file at a later
session, how do I get access to the older copy of the file?  Windows
'My Computer' only displays the most recent copy, ie. the link to the
older copy is broken.  I need something like 'session select'.  Is
this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Access previous session

Post by Mike Richte » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 05:02:18

> Hello,

> Question:

> If I burn onto a CD-Rom a data file using NERO 5.5 during one session
> and then later add an updated copy of that same file at a later
> session, how do I get access to the older copy of the file?  Windows
> 'My Computer' only displays the most recent copy, ie. the link to the
> older copy is broken.  I need something like 'session select'.  Is
> this possible?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I do not run Nero, but understand that the package includes a
multimounter. Simply "mount" the earlier session to reach the file you
'replaced'.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Access previous session

Post by smh » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 06:55:58

> Question:

> If I burn onto a CD-Rom a data file using NERO 5.5 during one session
> and then later add an updated copy of that same file at a later
> session, how do I get access to the older copy of the file?  Windows
> 'My Computer' only displays the most recent copy, ie. the link to the
> older copy is broken.  I need something like 'session select'.  Is
> this possible?

For Win9x/NT, Nero installs Multi Mounter.  Right-click a drive,
Properties.  In Volumes tab, select a prior session.

For Win2k/xp/me, use IsoBuster:
http://www.IsoBuster.com/

Access previous session

Post by smh » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 07:01:05

> I do not run Nero, but understand that the package includes a
> multimounter. Simply "mount" the earlier session to reach the file you
> 'replaced'.

Whatever happened to your [...not use...not know...not write...]?

( Does the drivel apply only when you try to weasel out bugs in cRoxio
  softwares? )

Also, was Adrian Miller wrong about you, Mikey?

        =======================
        From:    Adrian Miller
        Subject: Sam needs to apologise to Mike now.
         (was:   Wife Beating Stopped, Mike Richter?)
        Date:    4/25/01

        Unlike certain people he does not like to speculate on matters
        that he does not have personal experience of.
        =======================

Didn't Adrian Miller have reliable information then, Mikey?

        =====================
        From:    Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
        Date:    8/2/01

        [Adrian Miller] does provide reliable information
        when he has it in my experience.
        ======================

Access previous session

Post by smh » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 09:16:38

> > If I burn onto a CD-Rom a data file using NERO 5.5 during one session
> > and then later add an updated copy of that same file at a later
> > session, how do I get access to the older copy of the file?

> I do not run Nero, but understand that the package includes a
> multimounter. Simply "mount" the earlier session to reach the file you
> 'replaced'.

Got time to put in your brownnose where it doesn't belong, but got no
time to respond to this, Hit&Run Mikey?

    =======================
    From:    Gerry_uk
    Subject: Re: Could not drag-and-drop from windows explorer
    Date:    5/20/03

    > Fixed-length packets ... provide the
    > most fragile and least reliable format for writing to CD.

    ...that's not the case with Packet Writing in general.
    =======================

Access previous session

Post by smh » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:17:57

> > If I burn onto a CD-Rom a data file using NERO 5.5 during one session
> > and then later add an updated copy of that same file at a later
> > session, how do I get access to the older copy of the file?

> I do not run Nero, but understand that the package includes a
> multimounter. Simply "mount" the earlier session to reach the file you
> 'replaced'.

Remember this weasel drivel of yours, Hit&Run Mikey?

            [...not use...not know...not write...]

================================
From:   "BrianT"
Subject: Re: Loosing Disk Space {formatting CDRW}
Date:    5/8/03

Mike Richter (Hit&Run) wrote...

> > Hi this is strange, anyone else get this? or can explain it When I
> > re-format a CDRW with Drag to Disk Full Format {EasyCD 6}, the space
> > available after format drops by between 150 and 200 Mgs and I cannot
> > get it back. A full format on a new CDRW is OK. I have a LG
> > 52x24x52x and use TDK or Packard Bell 10X CDRW. This never happened
> > with EasyCD 5.

> The space you are losing is due to sectors found to be unreliable.
> It's a good sign that the disc is developing errors and is ready for
> the trash. You'll also find that formatting gets slower; it takes time
> to retry verification and to mark the bad sectors.

> If you insist on using fixed-length packets, you ask for that as well
> as losing data.

Mmm, but if I format a brand new CDRW I get the full monty then if I
immediately re-format, quick or full, I loose 150Mg. Surly CDRW's don't
develop errors after 5 minutes?

Also from your statement "If you insist on using fixed-length packets,
you ask for that as well as losing data" are you suggesting that the
Drag and Drop part of Easy CD is unreliable and should not be used ?

If so why does Easy Cd 6 have this software and say how easy it is to
use. Now I am very puzzled.
================================

Access previous session

Post by smh » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 02:22:15

.            --------------------------------------
                Mike Richter, were you born with
             "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
             --------------------------------------

> > I do not run Nero, but understand that the package includes a
> > multimounter. Simply "mount" the earlier session to reach the file you
> > 'replaced'.

> Whatever happened to your [...not use...not know...not write...]?

> ( Does the drivel apply only when you try to weasel out bugs in cRoxio
>   softwares? )

       Ezcd 5 can not be called a cd recording software
            as it does not write Mode 1 or Mode 2 (*)
             (*) - Joe Pyles, coaster, Sleepless

   ( The above bug is confirmed by the deafening no response )
   (      from both  Adrian Miller  and  Mike Richter.       )

     [ Mike Richter has yet to acknowledge it despite his ]
     [     declaring he "readily" acknowledges bugs!      ]
     [                                                    ]
     [             Mike Richter's excuse:                 ]
     [    ... not use ... not know ... not write ...      ]
     [         but calls himself a beta tester!           ]

Access previous session

Post by J?rn Larse » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 00:58:18

> > Question:

> > If I burn onto a CD-Rom a data file using NERO 5.5 during one session
> > and then later add an updated copy of that same file at a later
> > session, how do I get access to the older copy of the file?  Windows
> > 'My Computer' only displays the most recent copy, ie. the link to the
> > older copy is broken.  I need something like 'session select'.  Is
> > this possible?

> For Win9x/NT, Nero installs Multi Mounter.  Right-click a drive,
> Properties.  In Volumes tab, select a prior session.

> For Win2k/xp/me, use IsoBuster:
> http://www.IsoBuster.com/

Thank you for the help.
I had the same problem.
And your rigth : don't do it if you don't know what happens.
But if you do that you will never lean somthing new...

JL

Access previous session

Post by Steph » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 19:35:40

Many thanks, 'smh' have downloaded IsoBuster v1.4 and it's an
excellent application - just what I needed.

Stephen

> > Question:

> > If I burn onto a CD-Rom a data file using NERO 5.5 during one session
> > and then later add an updated copy of that same file at a later
> > session, how do I get access to the older copy of the file?  Windows
> > 'My Computer' only displays the most recent copy, ie. the link to the
> > older copy is broken.  I need something like 'session select'.  Is
> > this possible?

> For Win9x/NT, Nero installs Multi Mounter.  Right-click a drive,
> Properties.  In Volumes tab, select a prior session.

> For Win2k/xp/me, use IsoBuster:
> http://www.IsoBuster.com/

1. Accessing Previous Sessions - HELP!!!

I have a 7 session CD and while writing the last session something
happened and the last session corrupted the disc in such a way I can't
access  data 3 directory levels deep that I wrote in session 4.

How can I access the 4th session so I can extract this CRITICAL data?

Please HELP TIA

2. HELP. BC++5 BorBtn

3. Accessing previous sessions--how? (Help!)

4. OFXIE12152 error

5. HOW??? Hiding previous sessions

6. Uprgading IIgs

7. ecd5,can't modify previous session files

8. signature or drawing export app

9. EZCD5 Remove/Rename Files from Previous Session?

10. Reading a previous session?

11. Can I recover data from previous sessions?

12. Recovering data in previous sessions

13. ?Any way/program to see what was on previous sessions on a fouled up CD?