ECDC, VideoCD, and MCI drivers

Post by Andy McFadd » Thu, 11 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>Something I've observed while trying to get ECDC to make a VideoCD...

Other things I've noticed:

 - If you hit the "don't bring up the wizard at startup" checkbox, it
   also won't bring up the wizard when you say "new document", no matter
   what the setting of the "what to do for a new document" radio button.

 - The Xing MPEG converter is no longer included.

 - The VideoCD I created didn't have the CD-i binaries on it, and I
   don't believe I was given the option to add them.  The original
   CD Creator seems to have been more capable than ECDC when it comes
   to VideoCDs.

 - Short clips don't work.  The frame rate computation that ECDC does
   appears to be off if the clip is only two or three seconds long.
   The longer the clip, the closer the frame rate is to being correct.

On the bright side, I've verified that the "-v" option of avi2mpg1
(http://www.mnsi.net/~jschlic1/) creates MPEG files that can be fed
directly to ECDC.  Very convenient.

--

Fight Internet Spam - http://spam.abuse.net/spam/ & news.admin.net-abuse.email
Try some spammed toll-free numbers from http://www.clark.net/pub/kfl/toll.html

Post by Mike Haala » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>>Something I've observed while trying to get ECDC to make a VideoCD...

>Other things I've noticed:
> - The VideoCD I created didn't have the CD-i binaries on it, and I
>   don't believe I was given the option to add them.  The original
>   CD Creator seems to have been more capable than ECDC when it comes
>   to VideoCDs.

Under the VideoCD->Properties menu, choose the CDI-Application tab.
There is a checkbox to allow you to add the CD-I apps to the CD.

The problem after that is the MPEG files should be put in the
MPEGAV directory on the disk.  But, instead, for some mysterious
reason, they put the durn files in the SEGMENT directory and the
CD-I app can't find them.  Arg!!!

I've posted here about this several times, an no one seems to
have any Ideas.

If you can get the MPEGs in the correct directory on the CD,
let me know how you did it!

 - Mike -