Problems detecting CD-RW consistently

Post by C & R Grejse » Sun, 22 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I have a 8Gb HD set on Primary Master, a CD-ROM on Primary Secondary, and my
new BTC BCE 16IE CD-RW on Secondary Master. Easy-CD which came with the
drive has problems detecting the new drive. If there is a blank CD in the
drive it fails 100% of the time. If the drive is open (or no CD), the drive
is detected but when the media is inserted, the s/w reports: not detected or
it is detected for about 5 seconds and then the software reports that no
media is present. Has anyone experienced and overcome this problem? Any help
appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

1. Utility to detect a blank CD-R disc in a CD-RW drive

I am looking for what should be a small, simple
utility. I am looking for a command-line utility
that will determine if a blank CD-R disc is in a
CD-RW drive and return a status value.

The drive in question is a HP SureStore 9210e
series external SCSI drive. I want to be able to
determine that a blank CD-R is in the drive
before starting a backup utility that creates a
backup on the drive.

Does such a utility exist for Windows NT 4.0
Workstation?

Regards,

Mark Thomson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Objects-Word-Sheet

3. Yamaha CDR100 consistently fails w/ kodak disks

4. File convert ?

5. Utility to detect a blank CD-R disc in a CD-RW drive

6. How to build simple DLO ?

7. No supported CD-R or CD-RW drive detected.

8. Compact Problem

9. No supported CD-R or CD-RW drive detected

10. How to detect CD-RW drive in NT4?

11. Acer CD-RW can't be detected

12. Cannot detect Artec CD-RW 226