Nero will not install over previous version ?

Nero will not install over previous version ?

Post by Tony Benha » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:43:46

I had a win98 installation running my oem copy of nero that came with my
Liteon cdrw which worked fine. For  other unrelated reasons I wanted to
change over to win2000. I did a clean install of win2000, rather than
upgrade my win98 installation to win2000, and after win2000 was working
deleted my old win98 folders, and started reinstalling my applications. When
I got to Nero basically it will not reinstall ! It reports an older version
of nero is installed, and gives me a dialog to remove it which I OK, and
then an option to restart which I do. However when I reboot it still detects
an old installation, and again asks to remove it. I can't get pass this
point. What is going on. I removed the old ahead software directories, and
any regsitry keys but still no change. So I have a perfectly legal piece of
sw that I cannot install !
Is there any way to do this install ? I have emailed Ahead but got no reply.
Thanks
Tony

1. Nero/Nero Express Demoversion and Update from previous versions - Current version: 5.5.10.7b

    * Filename*  *  Description*

nero55107b.exe <ftp://ftp.nero.com/nero55107b.exe> Standort Deutschland
nero55107b.exe <ftp://ftp2.nero.com/nero55107b.exe>
nero55107b.exe <ftp://ftp.us.nero.com/nero55107b.exe> Standort USA
nero55107b.exe <ftp://ftp.us2.nero.com/nero55107b.exe>
nero55107b.exe <ftp://ftp.jp.nero.com/nero55107b.exe> Standort Japan
nero55107b.exe <ftp://ftp.jp2.nero.com/nero55107b.exe>
Additional download-addresses <http://www.nero.com/en/download/mirror.php>

*Please note*
Nero Express is now included in the demoversion of Nero.

Patch for Nero 5.5.10.7
(NOT for 5.5.10.7b)
download HERE <ftp://ftp6.nero.com/msa_inst.exe> and install it (corrupt
file will be replaced).

*Free Nero/Nero Express Demoversion and Update from previous versions*

Filesize: 13.07 MB (13712184 bytes)
Current version: 5.5.10.7b
Release date: February 03st, 2003
Running until: February 28st, 2003

Nero - versions history page
<http://www.nero.com/en/content/c1002822806430.html>

* Important Installation Information *
This file can be used as a free Nero demo version, if you didn't have
Nero installed previously, or as an update from an older version of
Nero. In case of an update the software will detect whether you are
entitled to a free update or not.

* Important Additional Information *
Nero includes now a new version of Nero CDSpeed. You can download the
English help file for Nero CDSpeed 1.0 here:
CDSpeed.chm <ftp://ftp6.nero.com/manual/CDSpeed.chm>

Nero 5.5 Updates

 *Changes From Nero 5.5.10.0 to 5.5.10.7*

Bug Fixes :

Fixed the bug which produced incompatible Video-DVDs not playable on
some DVD-players
Fixed an Audio CD problem which occurred with few recorders
Fixed recorder speed display problem with some recorders
Disabled CD-Text language combo box when no CD-Text is available for
compilation type
Fixed a problem which could occur in some cases with the UDF/ISO9660
bridge file system
The correct language help files are called for all countries which use
the same language
Fixed problem when changing from Nero Express to Nero with enabled Nero
Wizard
Nero Express: Fixed a small problem on the string box disc name  in Nero
Express and Windows XP

New:

Added several new recorders
Nero Fast CD-Burning Plug-in for Windows Media Player^TM 9 included
Improved context sensitive help-header
Nero Express window resizing enabled

  Release date: January 31st, 2003

--
 Imagination is more important than knowledge.
 Albert Einstein

2. orbixd as NT service

3. Nero/Nero Express Demoversion and Update from previous version 5.5.9.17

4. FP Web Hosting at affordable rates

5. Previous CDRWin versions (before 3.4a)

6. System backup on CDs?

7. Easy CD Creator, v3.0 - Does it allow naming volume label as in previous versions?

8. Q:Can member variables be treated as an array?

9. Nero installs but Win98 will not start in normal mode

10. Trial version of Nero Ver 4.0 or Version 3.X

11. CD Drive not forgeting previous track listings

12. SP4 for NT4 installs faulty Version of ASPI-layer (1009)!?