Windows 95 Drivers for Yamaha CDR-100?

Post by gues » Mon, 21 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know where I can find drivers for a Yamaha CDR100 for
WIndows 95? I can't seem to locate a driver for it on the net. Can
someone please direct me into the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Love is a state of mind we think ourselves into, to justify indulging our
natural * appetites....Afterwards we just as quickly think ourselves
out of it....

Post by Deirdré Straugha » Tue, 29 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Does anyone know where I can find drivers for a Yamaha CDR100 for
> WIndows 95? I can't seem to locate a driver for it on the net. Can
> someone please direct me into the right direction?

Windows 95 and NT do not automatically recognize CD recorders as they do many other
devices. This does not prevent you from using the recorder to write CDs (just click
through the Windows messages and launch your CD-R software; it provides the driver you
need for writing). However, you will not be able to use your CD recorder to read CDs from
a drive letter without a special driver. If you are using Easy-CD Pro 95, you can
download a driver from ftp.adaptec.com/pub/BBS/win95, file CDR4UP.EXE, to make your CD
recorder work as a multisession CD-ROM reader under Windows 95. Note: This driver will
NOT install unless it detects Easy-CD Pro 95 installed on your system. It does not work
under Windows NT.

--
Best regards,
Deirdre' Straughan, Adaptec Software Products Group

lots of CD-R info available at http://www.adaptec.com/cdrec/