MCI driver for Windows

Post by cwwk.. » Sat, 01 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I was recently installing a Interactive CD-ROM game.  But when
I tried to execute it, I
got a MCI error saying that I don't have the driver installed
in my Windows System.
I am wondering is there anyone out there know what kind of MCI
driver(s) is/are usually
needed for playing Interactive game in Windows environment.

thank you.

MCI driver for Windows

Post by Tan Nguy » Mon, 03 Apr 1995 05:00:00

oI was recently installing a Interactive CD-ROM game.  But when
oI tried to execute it, I
ogot a MCI error saying that I don't have the driver installed
oin my Windows System.
oI am wondering is there anyone out there know what kind of MCI
odriver(s) is/are usually
oneeded for playing Interactive game in Windows environment.

othank you.

Sounds like the game you're installing has some Redbook audio track (normal
audio), if that's the case, you need to install MCI Audio driver: from Windows
control panel, run Drivers icon, add driver, and specify MCI Audio.  The driver
is in your original Windows disks.  Make sure that you install from the same
set of disks, I've had problem when my Windows is Win. for Workgroup and
drivers come from Win 3.1.