Adaptec EZCD Creator Deluxe and Sony CDU-928E Instant buffer underrun after format...PLEASE HELP!!

Adaptec EZCD Creator Deluxe and Sony CDU-928E Instant buffer underrun after format...PLEASE HELP!!

Post by ?zR? » Thu, 15 Oct 1998 04:00:00

After doing my usual periodic reformat, I tried to burn some new stuff
with EZCD... As soon as it started, be it a blank cd or a new session,
test track or actual burn, it would show 100% on the buffer, then
instantly start writing the TOC. It would produce the following
errors:
T0100: I/O error (06/C5/00) - Write error - buffer underrun occurred
T0100: I/O error (03/0C/00) - Write error
T7127: TrackWriter error - Flush failed
T7118: TrackWriter error - Command retry failed
D0100: I/O error (05/89/00) - sense code 0x89
I couldn't find any clues about the last message...

I tried big files, small files. I tried 1x and 2x.
I tried to uninstall reinstall the same version, I tried a newer
v.3.01, an older 3.01-even 3.5a--no luck.
Well, needless to say, I started getting withdrawal shakes...
I have a Sony IDE CDU928E, so I broke down and called Tech Support.
One of the first questions they asked was "which software came with
your drive?".  I frantically reinstalled their relatively featureless
"CD-Right!" software while he was asking questions, not thinking this
would solve the problem, more to placate the tech...
Lo and behold, this software works fine?!?!?
I ran a test, even burnt a full cd.
The problem with the Sony software, it isn't multisession, and the
disk space available isn't even accurate (swell).
Running Win98 BTW. I also uninstalled/reinstalled older ASPI drivers,
played with the
busmastering, no help!
I even reformatted again, and OH! It worked for 3 days, then
dropped right out again!!
The thing that kills me, it was working beautifully prior to
reformatting.
Any help would be GREATLY, GREATLY appreciated!
TIA,

---?zR?L