About CD-R media size read this !!!!!

Post by Thanomsak Liumsuw » Thu, 02 Oct 1997 04:00:00

        Dear all,
        I've found that 74min blank CD-R media have not the same
capacity for each brand.
        The following list is tested media I have.Unit is sector per
disc.

KODAK 74min OEM no logo 333,491 sector
YAMAHA 64min GREEN      287,250 sector
Misui 74min GOLD                333,235 sector

        Any one have blank CD-R other than listed above pleae reply to
this message.
        I use EASY CD for Win95 V1.2 to check capacity size of CD-R.
Some pressed CD-Rom can not backup to CD-R 'coz of it sector number is
greater than CD-R.

        Any body seccess backup whole disc of Micheal JAckson "*
on the dance floor" album ???
Thanomsak Liumsuwan
Thailand

Post by Dana Parke » Thu, 02 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>         Dear all,
>         I've found that 74min blank CD-R media have not the same
> capacity for each brand.
>         The following list is tested media I have.Unit is sector per
> disc.

> KODAK 74min OEM no logo 333,491 sector
> YAMAHA 64min GREEN      287,250 sector
> Misui 74min GOLD                333,235 sector

>         Any one have blank CD-R other than listed above pleae reply to
> this message.
>         I use EASY CD for Win95 V1.2 to check capacity size of CD-R.
> Some pressed CD-Rom can not backup to CD-R 'coz of it sector number is
> greater than CD-R.

How many discs of each brand did you test? Did you test on different
recorders and with different software?

The reason I ask is that you will get different results from the same
piece of media using different recorders, and you will also find that
reported capacity can vary between batches of the same brand of media
tested on the same drive with the same software.

There is no sense in buying media based on an assumption that one brand
has greater capacity than another. It's wisest to count on 333,000
sectors (74 minute) and 283,500 sectors (63 minute) - any other policy
is just asking for unpredictable results.

About CD-R media size read this !!!!!

Post by Mike Richte » Thu, 02 Oct 1997 04:00:00

There is an extensive (but not exhaustive) table of those data posted at
my CD-R site.

Mike

--

http://www.veryComputer.com/
CD-R http://www.veryComputer.com/

About CD-R media size read this !!!!!

Post by Al Bund » Tue, 07 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Targa CDR discs have 336404 sectors, 657,0 mb !!!!!
(new model).

> Dear all,
> I've found that 74min blank CD-R media have not the same
>capacity for each brand.
> The following list is tested media I have.Unit is sector per
>disc.

>KODAK 74min OEM no logo 333,491 sector
>YAMAHA 64min GREEN 287,250 sector
>Misui 74min GOLD 333,235 sector

> Any one have blank CD-R other than listed above pleae reply to
>this message.
> I use EASY CD for Win95 V1.2 to check capacity size of CD-R.
>Some pressed CD-Rom can not backup to CD-R 'coz of it sector number is
>greater than CD-R.

> Any body seccess backup whole disc of Micheal JAckson "*
>on the dance floor" album ???
>Thanomsak Liumsuwan
>Thailand

1. different size of cd-r media

i know that cds come in two sizes, the very common 12cm's and the very rare
8 cm's. i also know that most cd-r/cd-rom drives have the little 8cm ring to
support 8cm cds. my question is that does cd-r media come in 8cm size? and
if yes, any place on the web where i can get info/buy them?

thanx.

--

- nabeel jafferali -

icq: 1237442, aim: nabeelaj
url: http://nabeel.dragonfire.net
tel: +971 (50) 6338822

2. flex and bison

3. Data size of various CDR media?

4. How to get EZCDPRO 2.1 ???

5. Help Please--CDRWin33c--Error: File Size not Multiple of CDROM Sector size

6. On-Schedule, impressions of alternative to PI & AF

7. Mitsumi's can read ANY CD..ANY SIZE..If you install it right!

8. NT 40 driver for zoom 33.6

9. Help! : Reading CDs with non-standard block size

10. Media, o media, whos got the media?

11. Toshiba XM-6201B(SCSI) Probs reading CD-R CD-RW Media

12. new driver allows CD-R to read CD-RW media

13. Cannot read CD-R media - Is it Win98???