1. Need help w/ DVD-ROM - crashes system
My computer, an HP Presario 8370 Pentium II 350, came out of the box with a
DVD-ROM which has served me just fine up until recently. After Christmas, I
installed a CD-R as a slave onto the DVD-ROM, and everything worked well
(besides some minor technicalities of which drive was which). About a week
later, I attempted to load up Encarta. Much to my distress, I was met with
the famed "blue screen of death," proclaiming something about 0E
0028:C182EA63 VxD scsi1hlp(03). Any attempt to save the computer from there
was in vain; I ended up not even being able to use "old reliable"
ctrl-alt-del. The only possible ending was imminent. I would have to press
the kill switch.
So what have I done already? Someone suggested that due to the delay in
installing the CD-R and the time of the actual problem that most likely it
was caused by something software and not hardware. Regardless, I switched
the CD-R and DVD-ROM drives so that the CD-R is now the master (per another
friend's suggestion). When that came to no avail, the solution that perhaps
it laid in the drivers was brought up. A fool I was; according to the
system specs, neither of these drives require drivers, and the Microsoft
website was no help in finding a newer version.
If anyone can perhaps tell me what I can do or at least give me their little
hypothesis I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you much,
2. DECsound for AlphaStation 200?
3. HELP: System won't boot with CD-ROM
4. Any PowerBuilder application in Production out there ?
5. system crash format,cdrom not loading.rancdrom.exe
6. Late Projects Enter Classic Window of Visibility
7. It's not bad canned meat...
8. Simple, easy, dumb, C question -- getchar()
9. How to make Presario SEE the Cd-Rom on boot-up (Win 95 crashed)???
10. Help!-CD-ROM not detected by system
11. Mitsumi quad crashes system--Help
12. HELP: Toshiba 4X IDE crashes system with 32-bit disk access
13. DirectCD - Lose CDR in write mode if system crashes, help!