Keep getting "Write command failed' error message with CDRWIN

Keep getting "Write command failed' error message with CDRWIN

Post by Carl Lepag » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

My CD Writer used to work fine (occasional coaster). I hadn't made any
Hardware or Software changes and was using Win 95. Then it started
getting the following CDRWIN error message window:

Error: 'WRITE' command failed on device 0:6:0.  Unrecoverable hardware
error (04h 00h 02h 04h 44h 0Ah).

Jeff Arnold's Q&A section mentions that WRITE errors are caused by
buffer underuns that happen when there is insufficient memory. My CD
writer has 1 Meg of memory and CDRWIN settings are set for a 2 Meg
cache. My license expired in April of 99 with Jeff Arnold and I don't
dare sent him an email. I asked him once how i could perform a checksum
to make sure my CDRWIN.exe was intact (after defragmenting my drive) and
he freaked right out that I would even consider corruption occurring in
his software. The problem I had did go away after I re-installed his
s/w. The problem I am having now is different!

I upgraded my CDR Firmware to the latest version, wiped my HD, installed
WIN98, re-installed CDRWIN (to the latest registered version I was
entitled to which is 3.7B), used one of those Compact Disk Lens Cleaner
and I still get the same error message! Any suggestions before I send it
in for repair would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,

Additional info:

H/W

Smart & Friendly 2006 Plus (internal)
Adaptec 15XX series SCSI card
64 Megs RAM
P200MMX
1GIG + 3GIG IDE Hard Drives

S/W

Previously WIN95 but just upgraded to WIN98 (second edition)
CDRWIN 3.7B (registered)

1. CDRwin 'WRITE" command failed

Every time I try to copy an Audio CD with CDRWin 3.8A I always get the
following error somtime at the start of the copy and at other time in the
middle, even during trial runs and using CR-RW's. I have tried both the
Windows ASPI (latest Adaptec) and the inbuilt ASPI but the bug persists.
Version 3.7F never suffered from this problem.

*********
Error: 'WRITE" command failed on device 0:0:0

Illegal command request (04h 00h 02h 05h 10h 02h)
*********

2. MSN Logo always there on reboot

3. Error: "WRITE" command failed on device 0:2:0 with rcd5040/DAO

4. ISDN newbie

5. HP4020i - Error: 'WRITE' command failed with DAO - Please Help!

6. WANTED: CHEAP GENLOCK

7. about Nero error message "Error writing multisession into file!"

8. New Network Management Station

9. CDRWIN Error message "ASPI request timed out"???

10. CDRWIN: Error: Close session command failed on Yamaha 4260...

11. Error Message " Error 11 encountered" Running GEAR 3.3 for MAC with Matsushita drive

12. 4020i - SCSI Command Errors (that's 2 HP devices to fail in 2 days)