DAO makes CDs unreadable !! NEED HELP !!

DAO makes CDs unreadable !! NEED HELP !!

Post by Sam » Mon, 24 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I tried to burn a mixed-mode CD with DAO32 ( I have a registered copy ).
The backup copy of my original CD works properly...but only if I use
my Philips CDD2600 as reader !!!
No CD-ROM drive can read that CD !
What the matter ? I didn't use any strange option.

Other CDs burned with GEAR 4.0 or EASY CD PRO 2.0 don't have any
problem.

Please help me.

1. CD label made CD-R unreadable in some drives.

I saw information about that subject in a CD-R FAQ.

The cd you had problems with probably was one you can see through.
Adding labels, or writing on these can render them useless. The
workaround is to label them before burning.....
I had one which I wrote on, and rendered it a coaster.

The CD labels I use have a mettalic looking backing to prevent them from
effecting the read. I have Maxell and Memorex blanks that already have
that sort of barrier on them, so wouldn't have to label them before
burning.

I had bought one pack of five that were unbranded, and the see-through
type.......

Frank.

--
* Frank Maskus   8832 N Syracuse  #716   Portland, Oregon 97203 *
*   WWW:  http://www.europa.com/~fmaskus/homepage/frank.html    *

2. Phone #s from Outlook

3. Adaptec Direct CD makes unreadable CD's!!!

4. Publishing with 98

5. CDD2000 makes CDs unreadable with other readers

6. VPN on the FW-1 3.0b cd?

7. Creative CDRW 4424 makes unreadable CD's

8. mass bounce?

9. Using CDRDAO to write to a CDRW sometimes makes CDRW unreadable later in the drive

10. DAO problem: write completed, but discs unreadable

11. Need help making audio cd rom

12. Need Help making 'Office 97' Backup CD

13. Need help making backups of our audio CDs - ends of songs cut off