1. Alternate cdfs.vxd - system crashes after restoring the original vxd
I installed and tested the alternate version of cdfs.vxd by cyber7, and it
worked on my box (Win98, ATAPI CDROM + ATAPI CD-RW).
But when I've got the original cdfs.vxd back (by renaming the files
and rebooting) the system freezes and/or crashes.
Maybe crashes are related to Windows Explorer? If the
autonotification flag is set, the system crashes and reboots as
soon as the CD is inserted. If the flag is reset, the crash happens
as soon as I exec the Explorer.
Well, I've restored the register from an copy in
\windows\sysbackup\rb???.cab previous to the time I installed the
alternative cdfs vxd, but got no success, and the system keeps
And worse: reinstalling the new cdfs vxd doesn't help: it still
- It happens with both the CD reader and the burner.
- I can boot from the CD-ROM, and other OSes have no trouble
with them, so it's rather improbable a hardware issue.
Please oh please, any hint?
2. IT Job Descriptions
3. Error OE 0028:C0006E7E VxD Vmm(01) + 00005
4. CG/FAIS standard
5. Adaptec Direct CD Crashes System
6. custom confirmation page
7. SCSI CD-R on systems without SCSI ports
8. Overwriting Data Column Value
9. Direct CD 2a update out
10. 0028:c15518ad vxd cdr4vsd(01) + 0002394d or slight variations of it
11. AHA-2940U2W + Ricoh 6200S = Easy CD Creator Crash Crash Crash
12. help: External Parallel Port CD-Rom causes Win98 crash
13. Active Printer Port Crashes CD???