SoundBlaster 16 and TORiSAN (Sanyo) 4X CD-ROM - Help?

SoundBlaster 16 and TORiSAN (Sanyo) 4X CD-ROM - Help?

Post by fzbur.. » Wed, 27 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I am trying to add a TORiSAN (Sanyo) 4X CD-ROM to my daughters 486-40 machine
using the IDE interface on a SoundBlaster 16 board and a CDR-S1G device
driver.  Currently, the machine has two floppies and a hard drive (its own
IDE).  The sound card works fine, but the CD-ROM never responds.  I'm thinking
there may be an interrupt conflict, but I can't be sure.  Can anyone help me
here?  Should the CD-ROM be primary or secondary?  Should it be a slave or
master (it has jumpers for SL, MA and CS)?  Do I need to disable something on
the existing IDE card driving the hard drive and floppies?  Any suggestions
will be greatly appreciated!

Dave

1. Torisan CDR-S1G and SoundBlaster 16

Heyas,

        I need a DOS driver for the Torisan 4X CDR-S1G CD-ROM drive. It
works fine under Windows 95, but I can't get it to work under the DOS
environment. I need the right DOS driver for it. If you know where to find
one, please email me at:

        Thanks.

2. Raised Cosine filter delay

3. TORiSAN (Sanyo) 4X CD-ROM with SB16 problem - Help?

4. NeWSprint and .pdf Files

5. 4X CD-ROM with SoundBlaster 16 Multi-CD ?

6. ZyXEL Omni TA128

7. sanyo cdr-h94a with soundblaster 16

8. SAS/C 6.5(1) C++ not complete?

9. Help my SoundBlaster 16 w CD rom is acting up

10. Soundblaster 16 SCSI II and NEC 4X

11. SoundBlaster 16 SCSI with Toshiba or Plextor 4x drive?

12. Need drivers: Sanyo Torisan 4X

13. torisan (sanyo) 4x 3cd changer problem in wn3.1