HP 7200 E / TOSHIBA 305 CDS

Post by HAGAD » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Just bought a HP 7200 E CD writer, which at the moment I feel like
throwing through the window.  I am trying to use it with my Toshiba
305 CDS notebook.

After spending three hours on the phone with tech support, both UK and
USA, I have just managed to eventually write one track.

The main problem seems to be Buffer Underuns.  After tring to increase
the system resoure to a level of at least 80% it worked only once when
I was:

copying direct from a CD, not a wav
copying at x1
deleated nearly all icons from tray
emptied the hard drive- unwanted programs, temp files ect.

My Toshiba is rated much higher than the minimum requiement, according
to the manual and tech support.  Though it seems that the only way for
it to work is to strip the computer down to a very unconvenient level.

Could someone stop me throwing this machine through the window, by
making a suggestion !

posting.  Thanks in advance.

1. HP 7200 E / TOSHIBA 305 CDS

[...]

2. What NeXT hardware configs are available?

3. Seting Up A HP 7200 E Which Is Now A 7200 I

4. QMate (Mac) vs PilotMoney questions

5. HP 7100/7200 FW 2.02 or 3.01 & Toshiba XM 6102B

6. SupraSonic II on NT4W ?

7. Can I burn audio files with data files at the same time??with ezcd 305

8. Iguanalabs flash programmer

9. Solution for TOC problem on HP 7100,HP 7200,Philips CDD3610

10. HP 7200 Vs HP 7110 Vs Philips 3610 - Difference???

11. Solution for TOC problem on HP 7100,HP 7200,Philips CDD3610

12. HP 7200: CD-Direct vs Easy CD

13. Need help with HP 7200 CD-RW and Infra CD ROM