Nero vs Nero Express?

Post by S H » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 01:20:18

I have a full version of Nero v5.5 that came with my Philips DVDRW228.  I
have upgraded to version 5.5.9.14.

Any of the recent versions of Nero, when installed on my system, revert to
the Nero Express interface.  I cannot get them to load with the "old"
interface.  The only way I can seem to keep the "old" interface is to
install the bundled version that came with my drive, but I want to be
running the latest version.

I assume that the "Nero" button in Nero Express is supposed to toggle back
to the old interface, but all it does for me is tell me to go to
www.ahead.de.

How can I run 5.5.9.14 but use the old interface?

Thanks!

Nero vs Nero Express?

Post by Craig Johnso » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:47:52

>How can I run 5.5.9.14 but use the old interface?

http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#c1034060295343

Nero vs Nero Express?

Post by Craig Johnso » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:50:26

>>How can I run 5.5.9.14 but use the old interface?

>http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#c1034060295343

Oh great - I switched to Nero Express myself to test this, and now I'm
stuck at Nero Express too!

Nero vs Nero Express?

Post by Craig Johnso » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:28:24

Quote:

>Oh great - I switched to Nero Express myself to test this, and now I'm
>stuck at Nero Express too!

Ended up uninstalling/reinstalling Nero to get back to the correct
GUI.

Nero vs Nero Express?

Post by Paul » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:17:08

Funny, my Nero Express does not offer me the change as described at the Nero
web site.  Clicking on the 'Nero' at the bottom of the screen only shows the
'about' screen.
Paul

Quote:> I have a full version of Nero v5.5 that came with my Philips DVDRW228.  I
> have upgraded to version 5.5.9.14.

> Any of the recent versions of Nero, when installed on my system, revert to
> the Nero Express interface.  I cannot get them to load with the "old"
> interface.  The only way I can seem to keep the "old" interface is to
> install the bundled version that came with my drive, but I want to be
> running the latest version.

> I assume that the "Nero" button in Nero Express is supposed to toggle back
> to the old interface, but all it does for me is tell me to go to
> www.ahead.de.

> How can I run 5.5.9.14 but use the old interface?

> Thanks!

Nero vs Nero Express?

Post by S H » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:27:35

>>Oh great - I switched to Nero Express myself to test this, and now I'm
>>stuck at Nero Express too!

> Ended up uninstalling/reinstalling Nero to get back to the correct
> GUI.

Uninstalling/reinstalling hasn't worked for me, unless I install a version
prior to the existence of Nero Express...

Nero vs Nero Express?

Post by Craig Johnso » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:50:34

>Uninstalling/reinstalling hasn't worked for me, unless I install a version
>prior to the existence of Nero Express...

That's what I did, and then upgraded to the current version.

Nero vs Nero Express?

Post by Guy Hollin » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:47:13

Make shortcut and ensure that it does not include at end /w

Quote:> I have a full version of Nero v5.5 that came with my Philips DVDRW228.  I
> have upgraded to version 5.5.9.14.

> Any of the recent versions of Nero, when installed on my system, revert to
> the Nero Express interface.  I cannot get them to load with the "old"
> interface.  The only way I can seem to keep the "old" interface is to
> install the bundled version that came with my drive, but I want to be
> running the latest version.

> I assume that the "Nero" button in Nero Express is supposed to toggle back
> to the old interface, but all it does for me is tell me to go to
> www.ahead.de.

> How can I run 5.5.9.14 but use the old interface?

> Thanks!

Nero vs Nero Express?

Post by S H » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 16:06:53

Took out the "/w", and still the same problem... only Express...

> Make shortcut and ensure that it does not include at end /w

>> I have a full version of Nero v5.5 that came with my Philips
>> DVDRW228.  I have upgraded to version 5.5.9.14.

>> Any of the recent versions of Nero, when installed on my system,
>> revert to the Nero Express interface.  I cannot get them to load with
>> the "old" interface.  The only way I can seem to keep the "old"
>> interface is to install the bundled version that came with my drive,
>> but I want to be running the latest version.

>> I assume that the "Nero" button in Nero Express is supposed to toggle
>> back to the old interface, but all it does for me is tell me to go to
>> www.ahead.de.

>> How can I run 5.5.9.14 but use the old interface?

>> Thanks!

Nero vs Nero Express?

Post by Chet » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 09:19:53

Saw your conversation.  Works fine for me using or not using the /w, get
appropriate results.
My command to get into it without the Nero Express is:
"C:\ProgramFiles\ahead\nero\nero.exe"
This is the command line that works and it INCLUDES the quotation marks.
Never knew to use quotes before, but it works fine.  Maybe the quotes mean
something?
Would be interested in knowing if and how you may have gotten it fixed.

Chet

> Took out the "/w", and still the same problem... only Express...

> > Make shortcut and ensure that it does not include at end /w

> >> I have a full version of Nero v5.5 that came with my Philips
> >> DVDRW228.  I have upgraded to version 5.5.9.14.

> >> Any of the recent versions of Nero, when installed on my system,
> >> revert to the Nero Express interface.  I cannot get them to load with
> >> the "old" interface.  The only way I can seem to keep the "old"
> >> interface is to install the bundled version that came with my drive,
> >> but I want to be running the latest version.

> >> I assume that the "Nero" button in Nero Express is supposed to toggle
> >> back to the old interface, but all it does for me is tell me to go to
> >> www.ahead.de.

> >> How can I run 5.5.9.14 but use the old interface?

> >> Thanks!

Nero vs Nero Express?

Post by Steven Hilgendor » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 00:08:01

The quotes are required in the command line for Nero - Burning Rom due
to the paths long file name, specifically "Program Files".  Hence,
"C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\Nero.exe" (note the required space between
the words Program and Files).

In addition, the command line for Nero Express would be "C:\Program
Files\Ahead\Nero\Nero.exe" /w (note the switch, /w, is followed by a
space after the quoted path).

Steven

> Saw your conversation.  Works fine for me using or not using the /w, get
> appropriate results.
> My command to get into it without the Nero Express is:
> "C:\ProgramFiles\ahead\nero\nero.exe"
> This is the command line that works and it INCLUDES the quotation marks.
> Never knew to use quotes before, but it works fine.  Maybe the quotes mean
> something?
> Would be interested in knowing if and how you may have gotten it fixed.

> Chet

> > Took out the "/w", and still the same problem... only Express...

> > > Make shortcut and ensure that it does not include at end /w

Nero vs Nero Express?

Post by Wayne » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 05:23:24

I'm using Nero 5.5.9.14 with XP Pro and I don't seem to have any problem.

When I open Nero I have the interface I always had. If I switch to Express I
get a new interface but I can toggle back and forth between Express and
'old'. Next time I open Nero from the desktop icon I have the old standard
Nero interface.

D:\Program Files\ahead\Nero\Nero.exe gets me to the old interface.

Wayne

Nero vs Nero Express?

Post by Chet » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 13:40:49

Steven,
Excellent info.   Hope S.H.  sees your note.
Thanks.
Chet

> The quotes are required in the command line for Nero - Burning Rom due
> to the paths long file name, specifically "Program Files".  Hence,
> "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\Nero.exe" (note the required space between
> the words Program and Files).

> In addition, the command line for Nero Express would be "C:\Program
> Files\Ahead\Nero\Nero.exe" /w (note the switch, /w, is followed by a
> space after the quoted path).

> Steven

> > Saw your conversation.  Works fine for me using or not using the /w, get
> > appropriate results.
> > My command to get into it without the Nero Express is:
> > "C:\ProgramFiles\ahead\nero\nero.exe"
> > This is the command line that works and it INCLUDES the quotation marks.
> > Never knew to use quotes before, but it works fine.  Maybe the quotes
mean
> > something?
> > Would be interested in knowing if and how you may have gotten it fixed.

> > Chet

> > > Took out the "/w", and still the same problem... only Express...

Nero vs Nero Express?

Post by S H » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:57:45

Unfortunately, none of this gets the old interface back for me.  The
only way I can get it is to install an older version (pre-Express).
But, as soon as I upgrade again, the Express interface shows up...

Thanks for the help.

> Steven,
> Excellent info.   Hope S.H.  sees your note.
> Thanks.
> Chet

>> The quotes are required in the command line for Nero - Burning Rom
>> due to the paths long file name, specifically "Program Files".
>> Hence, "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\Nero.exe" (note the required
>> space between the words Program and Files).

>> In addition, the command line for Nero Express would be "C:\Program
>> Files\Ahead\Nero\Nero.exe" /w (note the switch, /w, is followed by a
>> space after the quoted path).

>> Steven

>> > Saw your conversation.  Works fine for me using or not using the
>> > /w, get appropriate results.
>> > My command to get into it without the Nero Express is:
>> > "C:\ProgramFiles\ahead\nero\nero.exe"
>> > This is the command line that works and it INCLUDES the quotation
>> > marks. Never knew to use quotes before, but it works fine.  Maybe
>> > the quotes
> mean
>> > something?
>> > Would be interested in knowing if and how you may have gotten it
>> > fixed.

>> > Chet

> with
> drive,

> toggle

Nero vs Nero Express?

Post by Craig Johnso » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:04:45

>Unfortunately, none of this gets the old interface back for me.  The
>only way I can get it is to install an older version (pre-Express).
>But, as soon as I upgrade again, the Express interface shows up...

Same thing happened to me.  I thought I had it fixed, but it is stuck
in Express mode.   No amount of fiddling with /W or non-/W options has
helped.  If I click on the button to switch to Nero from Express, I
just get the splash screen.

I do see that when Nero launches, it briefly comes up as Nero and
switches to Express.

An email on this to Nero tech support remains unanswered after a week.

1. Nero Burning Rom vs Nero Express

Hello

I've installed Nero 5.5.9.9, and every time I run nero.exe, I get "Nero
Express".
How can I use again the "old" "Nero Burning Rom", with the old interface ?
Are they two individual programs, or is it the same one with 2 different
interfaces ?

Basically, I'd like to know how I can choose between the old "Nero Burning
Rom" interface and the new "Nero Express" interface.

Thanks for answering if you have an answer :-)

Philippe

3. Update of Nero changes Nero to Nero Express

4. definitions

5. HELP - Change from Nero Express to Nero

6. ZX81 MEMOTECH archives

7. Nero/Nero Express Demoversion and Update from previous versions - Current version: 5.5.10.7b

8. changing role of Domain

9. Nero Express interface hosed on latest Nero

10. Nero/Nero Express Demoversion and Update from previous version 5.5.9.17

11. Nero v5.5.8.2 Nero Express interface

12. Nero - Nero Express interface issues

13. Nero Express - no Audio CD option ?