Plextor Ultraplex data transfer rate problem solved.

Plextor Ultraplex data transfer rate problem solved.

Post by Christina Palme » Wed, 17 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Plextor, Adaptec, and Erik of CDSpeed might want to consider putting a
note describing this issue on their respective websites.

Adaptec technical support solved a problem I and others have been
experiencing with Ultraplex maximum data transfer rates 8x lower than
they should be and PCAV instead of CAV type reading of data discs for
either 32max or 40max models, as reported by CD Speed under W98 with
Adaptec 2940 series SCSI adapters. CD Speed URLs:

http://users.glo.be/~erikd/cdspeed99.htm
http://users.glo.be/~erikd/cdspeedfaq.htm
http://users.glo.be/~erikd/cdspeed.htm

Plextor technical support has been instructing Plextor users of CDR
drives to set their SCSI card configuration such that Initiate Synch
Negotiation is set to NO (default is YES) for both the CDR and CDROM
drives. While setting this parameter to NO might be important for stable
operation of the CDR drive, setting it to NO on the CDROM drive results
in the undesirable performance reduction outlined in the previous
paragraph. Setting the parameter to YES for the CDROM drive resulted in
normal maximum data transfer rate and CAV type reading.

-Christina

Plextor Ultraplex data transfer rate problem solved.

Post by Basebal » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Do you know how to do this with the Diamond Fireport SCSI controller?
I have the latest SCSI bios and drivers for this card, and I use a
UltraPleX 40max with 1.00 bios...

Quote:> Plextor, Adaptec, and Erik of CDSpeed might want to consider putting a

Post by Christina Palme » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Do you know how to do this with the Diamond Fireport SCSI controller?
> I have the latest SCSI bios and drivers for this card, and I use a
> UltraPleX 40max with 1.00 bios...

I'm not completely sure what you're asking, so I'll ask you, did you try
to measure your CDROM drive speed and did it perform as it should? If
not, did you go into the bios configuration of your SCSI card and check
the settings? Adaptec cards require the user to type control-A at a
certain point to enter the configuration program. Perhaps your SCSI card
works in a similar way. It probably displays a message telling you what
to do as the computer is starting to boot, right after the motherboard
bios messages.

If your reader and burner are both working properly and at full speed,
then don't change anything!

-cp

1. Creative Hex Speed Data Transfer Rate and Access Rate

I ran a CD Rom speed test using WinCheckit 4.0 and my Creative Labs 6x
speed CD Rom seems to be rating only 803 on the Data Transfer and 293
on the Access rate.  It seems to run a lot faster than the 2x I had
before, but of course, it shoud be at 900 and 220.  Could WinCheck be
reading the CD Rom incorrectly and is there a more reliable CD Rom test
in shareware form on the net.

I am using the latest Creative Labs drivers for Win 95.

Thanks,

Bo
Atlanta

2. Can we monitor process I/O under NT?

3. Ultraplex 32x transfer rate

4. dde with Excel when calling a VB function: dde session not re ady

5. UltraPlex Wide only gives 560k/sec transfer rates?

6. I noticed...

7. Data transfer rate

8. SW Corp is to busy to give Reg. Codes to paying Customers.

9. Data transfer rates for audio?

10. The TEAC 55A - DATA TRANSFER RATES QUERY

11. Data transfer rate through LPT port

12. What's the spin speed and data transfer rate of DVD-ROM?

13. 6PLEX + WIN95=ONLY 600kps transfer rate for data