Pioneer Slot-load CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, CDR discontinued?

Pioneer Slot-load CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, CDR discontinued?

Post by Thanh Tra » Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

It seems the slot-loading 36X Pioneer IDE CDROM is being discontinued? I'm
in Australia and can't seem to find it anyway. I love the slot-in
mechanism.. there's a 40X Tray load model but i can't go back to tray load
now.

Can someone outside Australia please confirm that the Pioneer slot-load
laser computer products (and more specifically the CDROM) is still in
production? And if it's being discontinued why have Pioneer moved to tray
load? (troublesome mechanism???)

If it's still in full production outside my country i might just import it.

Thanks,
Thanh

1. SLOT of TRAY loading DVD-ROM?

Ok, folks.

I am looking into buying a Pioneer DVD-ROM and they
have a model I like in both formats, SLOT-, and TRAY-loading.
(DVD-115 and DVD-105S)

I know both types should work fine, but if you have to
chose which one would you go for and why?

Price wise, the slot-loader costs about couple of bucks more,
so it is not a big deal.

It seems to me that the slot version would get more dust inside
than the tray version, but is there a good reason to get a slot loader?

Thanks much for your input

2. Windows not closing when Program done

3. Pioneer Slot-Loading CD-Rom

4. msbackup

5. Pioneer 16X slot DVD-ROM..This thing is noisy.

6. Getting the Finder selection?

7. Info on Pioneer 36x slot-loading CD-ROM?

8. CPD Assoc. Maintenance

9. Pioneer DVD-ROM & Plextor CD-RW cannot read CD-ROM installa

10. Pioneer DVD-ROM & Plextor CD-RW cannot read CD-ROM installation discs?

11. Repost: Pioneer DVD-ROM & Plextor CD-RW cannot read CD-ROM installation discs

12. Can't play DVD's with a Pioneer DVD-104 Slot-in

13. Pioneer 6X scsi Slot load NOISE