How to access 2nd 'session' on CD?

Post by mark2.. » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:14:38

If anyone can help me, I'd sure appreciate it.  I burned several MP3
files onto a CD using a HP 12x CD writer (may have been a re-writer,
not sure).  I burned them in 2 or three different sessions.  That CD
writer went to peripheral heaven, and in it's place is a TDK 52x
re-writer.  I'm only able to access a few of the files on that CD
now...only about 1/3 of them.  I think the rest of the files are
stored in different sessions, but I'm not able to get to them.
If anyone has any ideas, I'd sure love to hear them.
Thanks!
Mark

Post by smh » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:51:29

> If anyone can help me, I'd sure appreciate it.  I burned several MP3
> files onto a CD using a HP 12x CD writer (may have been a re-writer,
> not sure).  I burned them in 2 or three different sessions.  That CD
> writer went to peripheral heaven, and in it's place is a TDK 52x
> re-writer.  I'm only able to access a few of the files on that CD
> now...only about 1/3 of them.  I think the rest of the files are
> stored in different sessions, but I'm not able to get to them.
> If anyone has any ideas, I'd sure love to hear them.

Try ISOBuster:
http://www.IsoBuster.com/

Post by Mike Richte » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 03:03:34

> If anyone can help me, I'd sure appreciate it.  I burned several MP3
> files onto a CD using a HP 12x CD writer (may have been a re-writer,
> not sure).  I burned them in 2 or three different sessions.  That CD
> writer went to peripheral heaven, and in it's place is a TDK 52x
> re-writer.  I'm only able to access a few of the files on that CD
> now...only about 1/3 of them.  I think the rest of the files are
> stored in different sessions, but I'm not able to get to them.
> If anyone has any ideas, I'd sure love to hear them.

There are several possibilities, depending on the software you have now
and had then and what you actually did. Rather than trying to detail the
options with selecting or mounting the session (unless you are willing
to divulge the secrets of your operation), try ISOBuster (linked from my
site) to extract all the files to your hard drive, then write to a fresh
disc.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

1. Can't access 2nd cd rom while burning a cd ??

Hi,
just wondering if the problem I encountered a couple of times now is common
or my bad luck.....
When i burn a cd (cd writer = master 2nd ide) and try to access the other cd
rom drive (slave 2nd ide), the cd writer locks up or shuts down. I thought I
should be able to access the slave device on that IDE at any time, even when
writing a cd with the master device....

All comments/suggestions are appreciated : )

- Martin

2. Who has TI microlaser pro 600 in stock in MD/VA/DC?

3. Cd-rw Makes My 2nd Session data Cd's into Audio Help!!!

4. Urgent!!!!! Soundcard doesn't work in the Windows XP!!!

5. Help: My CDR won't burn 2nd session or later correctly

6. Slipping in HSRP

7. I can't see data in 2nd session

8. General Info on Psion 5

9. How to access the 2nd session

10. How to access 2nd session

11. How to access multisession's session

12. Multisession CDROM's: Cannot access sessions