What IDE CD-ROM drives can READ audio cd's ?

What IDE CD-ROM drives can READ audio cd's ?

Post by Pieter van der Meul » Thu, 26 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I am looking for a 6x or faster IDE CD-ROM drive that is able
to read audio cd's. What brands/types CD-ROM players can I use
with CDGRAB or CDDA to read DA sectors with?

If you follow up to this article then please also send a copy
to my e-mail address, my news-feed is not reliable.

Thanks,

Pieter
--

1. HELP: cd-rom drive doesn't read mixed (audio/data) cd's

hi,

since quite a while I can't read any mixed cd's anymore (cd's
containing audio as well as data). In Windows Explorer the cd is being
recognized as an audio-cd, but I can't play it. And when I look for
the data files on the cd, the only file I get to see in explorer is
"Track07.CDA".

This is my setup:
- NEC cdrom drive
- Adaptec scsi card
- Orchid Nusound soundcard

Now, what I already did is: remove all nusound drivers and reinstall,
remove the scsi driver (which was automatically reinstalled by the
wonderful w95 piece of software).

What else can I do ? Who can tell me what the problem is ? Am I
desperate ?

thanks,

frank

****** forwards in all directions ******

(please, remove 'nospam.' from my address)

2. Update: Symbian, Palm agree collaboration

3. DVD-ROM drive won't read CD's/DVD's/CD-ROMS anymore!

4. Serial mouse problems

5. IDE CD-ROMs can't read out Audio signals digital?

6. Problem with setInclude() and a 'ghost' template

7. New Home: Should I consider Fiber?

8. My drive will read data cd's but not audio cd's

9. DVD drive doesn't read/recognize data or audio CD's.

10. How to read/interpret CD-ROM's and audio CD's

11. It's not bad canned meat...

12. Problem reading 'home-burned' CD-ROM with Mitsumi Multi-speed CD-Drive