CD Label Problem - Any Help Is Greatly Appreciated

CD Label Problem - Any Help Is Greatly Appreciated

Post by royal j » Sat, 01 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a problem with Memorex's self-adhesive CD labels on my CDRs.  It
was peeling around the edges, between about 1/16 and 1/4 inch all
around.  I tried pressing it down, but then when I started to play it, I
could hear the paper rubbing against something and it was peeling again
when I took it out.

What is the best solution to my problem without having to spend alot of
money on it or even turning this CDR with the partly sticky label into a
coaster?
How safe is it to just use a white glue (or should I use crazy glue) and
paste the labels back on to the CD-R?
How much of the glue should I use without affecting the CD-R playing and
disc itself?
Does it matter what type of glue I use?
Or could I apply Modge  Podge on the labels for future labels to prevent
it from happening again?

If someone could please help with my problem, I'd appreciate it very
much.

Thanks,
Jack

CD Label Problem - Any Help Is Greatly Appreciated

Post by royal j » Sat, 01 May 1999 04:00:00

Could I use a double-sided sticky tape and place it under the non-sticky
parts of the label?  Don't know if this will cause some unbalance of the
CDR while playing in the CD player.  I don't want to wreck my system
because of this.

Jack

Post by Dennis M. Parrot » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

> Could I use a double-sided sticky tape and place it under the non-sticky
> parts of the label?
> Don't know if this will cause some unbalance of the
> CDR while playing in the CD player.

simple physics says that it will become unbalanced - you've
added weight (sticky tape) out near the edge of the CD in
only one spot. there will be an eccentricity induced in the
system.

the real question is whether it will be enough of an
eccentricity to cause your CD playback equipment any
grief. resolving that question will take experimentation -
try it and report back your findings.

I don't want to wreck my system

Quote:> because of this.

> Jack

PCSE Webmaster           |           PROFS:  DPARROTT
Ford Motor Company       |             VAX:  EEE1::PARROTT

Voice: 313-322-4933  Fax: 313-248-1234  Pager: 313-851-2958

Post by Aloke Prasa » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

> > Could I use a double-sided sticky tape and place it under the non-sticky
> > parts of the label?

> > Don't know if this will cause some unbalance of the
> > CDR while playing in the CD player.

> simple physics says that it will become unbalanced - you've
> added weight (sticky tape) out near the edge of the CD in
> only one spot. there will be an eccentricity induced in the
> system.

> the real question is whether it will be enough of an
> eccentricity to cause your CD playback equipment any
> grief. resolving that question will take experimentation -
> try it and report back your findings.

> I don't want to wreck my system
> > because of this.

If your label is peeling a little bit, my advice would be to try and
press it down (under a few heavy books).  If it still comes off the
disk, make a copy and junk the disk.  Look into another media-label
combination.

BTW, just a little bit of peeling (1-2 mm) shouldn't hurt the CD
Player.  A lot may snag something and cause some damage....

--
Aloke

Anti-Spam: Please remove 123 from my Reply-to address
to send me e-mail

CD Label Problem - Any Help Is Greatly Appreciated

Post by John and Maria Halusk » Thu, 06 May 1999 04:00:00

Suggest trashing labels and buying AVERY

> Hi,

> I have a problem with Memorex's self-adhesive CD labels on my CDRs.  It
> was peeling around the edges, between about 1/16 and 1/4 inch all
> around.  I tried pressing it down, but then when I started to play it, I
> could hear the paper rubbing against something and it was peeling again
> when I took it out.

> What is the best solution to my problem without having to spend alot of
> money on it or even turning this CDR with the partly sticky label into a
> coaster?
> How safe is it to just use a white glue (or should I use crazy glue) and
> paste the labels back on to the CD-R?
> How much of the glue should I use without affecting the CD-R playing and
> disc itself?
> Does it matter what type of glue I use?
> Or could I apply Modge  Podge on the labels for future labels to prevent
> it from happening again?

> If someone could please help with my problem, I'd appreciate it very
> much.

> Thanks,
> Jack

1. CD Label Problem - Any Help Is Greatly Appreciated

[...]

Also, could I use a double-sided sticky tape and place it under the
non-sticky
parts of the label?  Don't know if this will cause some unbalance of the

CDR while playing in the CD player.  I don't want to wreck my system
because of this.

If someone could please help with my problem, I'd appreciate it very
much.

Thanks,
Jack

2. Using Rumba and Data Queues between AS/400 and PC

3. Appreciate help on wnaspi32.dll not loading Same problem TIA

4. FS:INDIGO2 Extremes $ 2,280.!

5. Discjuggler problem - any help appreciated

6. constructor initializing members explicitly

7. Data lost on CD-RW...- help appreciated

8. Lan Analyzer and Push Agent.

9. Any Help will be appreciated (CD-rom freeze)

10. ATAPI CD Drive disappeared - Any help appreciated

11. Urgent Production Problems - Concise, Knowledgeable Advice Appreciated....

12. HP 7200i technical problem, assistance appreciated

13. Discjuggler 1.05 crash frenzy, any help appreciated.