RICOH MP 6200S: Why no Win98 Firmware support?

RICOH MP 6200S: Why no Win98 Firmware support?

Post by Shawn Tooryan » Fri, 26 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Dear All,
According to this page:
http://www.ricoh.co.jp/cd-r/cgi/e-/cdrw-d-e.html

and this

http://www.arrakis-ttm.com/cdr/tom6200firmware.html

The firmware can not be upgraded with Windows98.
I need to know Why?

I have Win98 SECOND EDITION (OEM version) and I WANT to upgrade to 2.4.
The reason is the fact that I do get the noise when I burn Audio CD's
and I want it to go away (2.4 will just
do that)

Any help, insights would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Shawn Tooryani

RICOH MP 6200S: Why no Win98 Firmware support?

Post by E. Zeijlemake » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Dear Shawn,
Download the DOS Updater. Start up the system in DOS-mode, and use the
DOS-drivers of your SCSI card, so you boot in to DOS, with SCSI-drive
enabled. Then run the DOS update program. When successfull, remove the
dos-drivers from you autoexec.bat & config.sys and restart the system. Your
firmware has been updated!

Questions? Mail me for a detailed description.

Good luck
Edgar

         You can reach me at:

Homepage: http://edgar.dynip.com

Quote:> Dear All,
> According to this page:
> http://www.ricoh.co.jp/cd-r/cgi/e-/cdrw-d-e.html

> and this

> http://www.arrakis-ttm.com/cdr/tom6200firmware.html

> The firmware can not be upgraded with Windows98.
> I need to know Why?

> I have Win98 SECOND EDITION (OEM version) and I WANT to upgrade to 2.4.
> The reason is the fact that I do get the noise when I burn Audio CD's
> and I want it to go away (2.4 will just
> do that)

> Any help, insights would be greatly appreciated!

> Best regards,
> Shawn Tooryani

RICOH MP 6200S: Why no Win98 Firmware support?

Post by Mike Richte » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

If you must cross-post, please do it correctly. And please do not
cross-post to me personally and to the newsgroups, even if you choose to
do the latter correctly.

Reply posted in .hardware.

Mike

--

http://mrichter.simplenet.com
CD-R http://resource.simplenet.com

1. RICOH MP 6200S: Why no Win98 Firmware support?

Dear All,
According to this page:
http://www.ricoh.co.jp/cd-r/cgi/e-/cdrw-d-e.html

and this

http://www.arrakis-ttm.com/cdr/tom6200firmware.html

The firmware can not be upgraded with Windows98.
I need to know Why?

I have Win98 SECOND EDITION (OEM version) and I WANT to upgrade to 2.4.
The reason is the fact that I do get the noise when I burn Audio CD's
and I want it to go away (2.4 will just
do that)

Any help, insights would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Shawn Tooryani

2. RAS usage reporting and tracking

3. WANTED SYNC STRAINER

4. Ricoh MP 6200S Firmware upgrade

5. FS: New ** PCI Ultra SCSI Card for SUN Ultra 5/10/Blade

6. Why doesn't the Ricoh 6200S support SAO?

7. Stylewriter to use on PC

8. Ricoh CD-RW MP 6200S and Burning Audio CD's

9. Is my RICOH MP 6200s OLD???

10. Help???Ricoh MP-6200s

11. Questions on Ricoh CD-RW MP 6200S

12. Ricoh MP 6200S (Software For Use With)