redhat linux CDR Copy 4802 TE

Post by Chris Hatto » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I need to copy Linux CD for backup, as I do not want to loose it!  The
problem is that the linux cd does not want to copy.  Using CDRWIN I can read
the disk but as soon as I open the cue sheet and start recoding the computer
crashes.  I have also tried Adaptec easy cd but still to no avail.

The Hardware is CDR Mitsumi 4802 TE (IDE), the other hardware I can't see
making a difference.

Can any one recommend a fix, other than taking the CDR back to the shop!?

1. Mitsumi 4802 TE ??

Hello I'm a newbies in CD-RW world ...
now I want to buy a CD-RW drive that cheap enough for me I thought ........
this Mitsumi 4802 TE is IDE 8 read, 4 write, 2 Re write ......
I know this drive may be to ancient for now .. but this drive is the
cheapest one with acceptable write ability (not re write) .........
I'm not much care about the read speed and the Re-write speed ....

any body know how the perfomance of this drive ? (quality, write ability)
I mean is this drive not easyly break, able to write at any software (EZCD
4,1 and CDRWIN is most important) and is writed CDR using this drive is able
to be use on other CD player and CDROM (music, data, VCD)

oh yes... after reading much news at this group .. I found that RAW is
important for a CD-RW ... I want to add my question more ... is this Mitsumi
4802 TE also support RAW .. and what is the actually use of RAW is ?

...  because I can't every day check the newsgroup .. ( I use a cyber cafe)

sorry my question is too much and looks like fool and sorry my english is
very poor.

--
Thank you very much.

2. OAK drivers

3. 4802 TE problem .. need help...

4. HELP-NOMENCLATURE

5. HELP!!! Mitsumi 4802 TE installation

6. Needed -> IP Masquerading

7. Mitsumi 4802 TE ... any good?

8. TMS320C31 Compiler?

9. Mitsumi 4802 TE , Nero problems with audio burning !

10. Mitsumi CR 4802 TE

11. Copying Redhat Linux 5.0 CD Problem

12. Help: Need to burn an image of Redhat Linux for personal use

13. Linux, RedHat 4.0, xcdroast, readcdda, Philips CD2600