HP 7200i Problem: Burns cd-rw OK but not cd-r -- WHY????

HP 7200i Problem: Burns cd-rw OK but not cd-r -- WHY????

Post by Vibe » Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:00:00

My 7200i has started to act up after 6 months.  It will burn cd-rw
just fine, however, when it comes to cd-r it stalls sometime after the
burning begins.  Of course this results in a coaster.  Test burns on
cd-r do OK but not the final burn.  I checked my settings and I have
auto insert notification off, DMA unchecked and vcache set according
to reccommendations.  Nothing else is running in the background.  What
is going on here?  Why would cd-rw burn ok but not cd-r?

At first I thought it might be the media I was using but the problem
occurs on different brands of media.  I do get some good cd-r burns
but it seems like it's one good burn out of four.  I've tried using CD
Creator deluxe, Spin Doctor and Cdrwin 3.7a all with hit and miss
results.

Any thoughts?

TIA

1. HP 7100i Problem: Burns cd-rw OK but not cd-r -- WHY????

My 7200i has started to act up after 6 months.  It will burn cd-rw
just fine, however, when it comes to cd-r it stalls sometime after the
burning begins.  Of course this results in a coaster.  Test burns on
cd-r do OK but not the final burn.  I checked my settings and I have
auto insert notification off, DMA unchecked and vcache set according
to reccommendations.  Nothing else is running in the background.  What
is going on here?  Why would cd-rw burn ok but not cd-r?

At first I thought it might be the media I was using but the problem
occurs on different brands of media.  I do get some good cd-r burns
but it seems like it's one good burn out of four.  I've tried using CD
Creator deluxe, Spin Doctor and Cdrwin 3.7a all with hit and miss
results.

Any thoughts?

TIA

2. visual rpg

3. HP 7200i Working ok .No problems at all.

4. Pen Input

5. HP 7200i will not erase CD-RW discs

6. HP320 LX Problem

7. HP 7200i: Problems burning directly from CD-rom to CD-R

8. namespace question

9. Problems with HP 7200i & CD-RW

10. HP 4020i burns OK but reads only factoy CDs, no CDRs (regardless where burnt)

11. HP 7200i What Problems To Expect Or Not Expect ?

12. HP 7200i problem formating RW's