Creative Hex Speed Data Transfer Rate and Access Rate

Creative Hex Speed Data Transfer Rate and Access Rate

Post by Larry Youngbloo » Sat, 10 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I ran a CD Rom speed test using WinCheckit 4.0 and my Creative Labs 6x
speed CD Rom seems to be rating only 803 on the Data Transfer and 293
on the Access rate.  It seems to run a lot faster than the 2x I had
before, but of course, it shoud be at 900 and 220.  Could WinCheck be
reading the CD Rom incorrectly and is there a more reliable CD Rom test
in shareware form on the net.

I am using the latest Creative Labs drivers for Win 95.

Thanks,

Bo
Atlanta

Post by Dan Ph » Tue, 13 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: I ran a CD Rom speed test using WinCheckit 4.0 and my Creative Labs 6x
: speed CD Rom seems to be rating only 803 on the Data Transfer and 293
: on the Access rate.  It seems to run a lot faster than the 2x I had
: before, but of course, it shoud be at 900 and 220.  Could WinCheck be
: reading the CD Rom incorrectly and is there a more reliable CD Rom test
: in shareware form on the net.

: I am using the latest Creative Labs drivers for Win 95.

Larry,

I too have recently ran a CD-ROM speed benchmark program on my Creative
Labs 6x.  This program is called cd-index.  The transfer rate came to
about 700 to 800 kilobytes/sec instead of the expected 900.  The average
access speed is about 250ms instead of the expected sub-200ms.  The benchmark
yields the same result in Win 95 DOS mode or DOS 6.0 mode.

Dan

1. What's the spin speed and data transfer rate of DVD-ROM?

I don't know what the rotation speeds are, but DVD-ROM drives will have
a sustained data transfer rate of at least 1254K per second, making them
faster than 8x CD-ROM drives; this data rate is required by the DVD
specification to support video applications, where that rate may be
needed at times for the best picture quality.

2. GeoTools 1.52 - More tools, More features

3. Transfer Rate or Access Time...What's Better?

4. Fax adapter 2664 - how to ignore Dialtone?

5. CD -ROM transfer rate & access time Test wanted

6. KILLING A TASK - THIS IS DIFFICULT

7. Plextor Ultraplex data transfer rate problem solved.

8. Data transfer rate

9. Data transfer rates for audio?

10. The TEAC 55A - DATA TRANSFER RATES QUERY

11. Data transfer rate through LPT port

12. 6PLEX + WIN95=ONLY 600kps transfer rate for data