CR-563-B Windows MCI driver is needed!!!

CR-563-B Windows MCI driver is needed!!!

Post by Dieter Frie » Thu, 03 Nov 1994 00:14:15

Hello guys!

I've bought an SB16 (Value Edition) shortly.
It works OK, but there's one thing I'm very annoyed with:
There was no MCI Windows driver for CD-ROM drive on installation
disketts, though there was a lot of software for Creative/Panasonic
CD-ROM drive on them!!! Which to my mind was extremly stupid of
Creative...

So my CD-ROM-Drive (Panasonic) which I bought separetly from SB16
and connected to the Sound Card CD-ROM Interface successfully
(drivers SBCD.SYS v4.19 & MSCDEX.EXE v2.23) just doesn't work
with "EnsembleCD" under Windows (error message: no MCI driver
installed) though it works excellent with QCD.EXE and the like!

So would someone of you who has got an SB16 with CR-563-B CD-ROM drive
please send me this driver for Windows (probably SB16CD.DRV, don't know
how they called it this time...) and your Windows config files CONTROL.INI, SYSTEM.INI, WIN.INI uuencoded thru the email or put it on an anonymous ftp
(I've already searched on ftp.creaf.com for it -- found nothing), drop
me a line where I can get it or whatever... I wouldn't mind to get another
nice software for SB16 & CD ROM as well... ;-)

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you in advance!

Post by Hugh Hemingt » Thu, 03 Nov 1994 06:50:08

: I've bought an SB16 (Value Edition) shortly.
: It works OK, but there's one thing I'm very annoyed with:
: There was no MCI Windows driver for CD-ROM drive on installation
: disketts, though there was a lot of software for Creative/Panasonic
: CD-ROM drive on them!!! Which to my mind was extremly stupid of
: Creative...

The MCI driver refers to the MCI cd-audio driver which is on your Windows
distribution diskettes.  Go to Control Panel, Drivers, Add and select
it.  You will be asked to insert one of the Windows disks.  After you
re-run Windows, audio-cd apps. will work fine.

1. need driver for Matsushita CR-563-B

My school was given a Matsushita CD-ROM, model CR-563-B,
 BCPS#730017, made January 1995.  We didn't get a disk or
 manual, and I have been unable to get it working with
 the desired computer (a Triton Pentium w/ 32Mb RAM, to be
 upgraded to Win95, as soon as it can recognize the CD).

I've tried hooking it to the secondary IDE port, and to the
 primary (slave) port without success.  I've tried just
 about every setting for the ID jumpers.

What else should I try?  Is there software I can download?

-F
.

2. Selecting a random record from more than 1 table

3. Panasonic cr-563-b driver needed

4. Firewalls and spyware

5. OS/2 2.1 driver wanted for Panasonic/Matsushita CR-563-B.

6. Column(s) selection

7. Needed: Win95 driver for Creative Labs CR-563 CD-ROM.

8. trivial magic cookies from xdm

9. Panisonic CR-563 and GUS-MAX (Driver Needed)

10. matsushita model cr-563-b --> what driver?

11. HELP !! Need driver for Matsushita CR-563-x

12. Help please:driver for CR-563-B 2x cd-rom

13. need installation disks for Sound Blaster CD 2X model CR-563-B PLEASE!